• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Brake stop ride, What is the real issue

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
As in you could hear it drag while spinning it in the shop or that it was actually getting hot while out riding down a trail? Most dirtbikes I have had you could hear a little drag on the brakes when you spin them on the stand.
All the above. You could hear it when riding as well.

Last edited:

Squirreler

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
My 22 boost I’d only notice dragging on a long trail ride it as it would warm up I’d hear it change tone but never got so hot to damage anything. I’m gonna try swapping the oring around like TRS suggests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Nov 3, 2019
For everyone's sake hopfully you can just unplug the brake light indicator. I got my sled 2 days before the stop ride/sale so I don't have to worry about it and don't plan on having it flashed. I almost got it before the exploding fuel tank recall to but I was to busy.

I'm not totally convinced that the flash and plastic hose clamps won't come without their own potential issues.
The plug to the brake light switch is about 4" from the switch itself in the wiring loom.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I picked up an old school style master cyclinder from a ProRide. I know the brake light switch has a different connector but has anyone confirmed it is or isn't a direct replacement otherwise? I feel comfortable with the old style and don't need to run a gaurd over it because it is not plastic.

Last edited:
Premium Features