• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

skinz heated brake lever

Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
Zaasman, how did you find the oem style connectors? Mouser electronics catalog is massive! I too would like to be able to return the sled to stock easily.

Yeah, Mouser is great when you know the part numbers you‘re after, lol

The connectors are Delphi Metri-Pack 150 series, if that helps. I have the part numbers somewhere, I can try dig them out for you tomorrow if you like. Though the 850s I believe use different connectors, but I don’t have an 850.

Dec 16, 2017
Yeah, Mouser is great when you know the part numbers you‘re after, lol

The connectors are Delphi Metri-Pack 150 series, if that helps. I have the part numbers somewhere, I can try dig them out for you tomorrow if you like. Though the 850s I believe use different connectors, but I don’t have an 850.
thanks for the series name. Looks different than what I have under the hood of my Axys 800. Haven't looked at the 850 yet. Might be easier to use the PWM at this point.

Dec 16, 2017
Not Skinz but I did try a PWM with a DIY heated brake lever. Started with a TKI aluminum lever for smaller hands. The Aluminum lever got so cold last season that it was very difficult to keep a finger on the brake lever while wearing thinner gloves.

I added a 12w heating element, heat shrink over that, controlled by a PWM purchased on amazon. Less than $100 total plus a few hours of time. Hopefully the heat shrink holds up with repeated heat cool cycles and doesn't interfere too much with heat transfer. I suppose I could try one leaving the heating element exposed so as not to insulate the lever.

I'll probably wire the skinz with a PWM as well now that I know it works and am not finding connectors for the 850.
IMG_0926 copy.jpg IMG_0927.jpeg

Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
Not Skinz but I did try a PWM with a DIY heated brake lever.

Nice clean install! That should work well. I'd be interested to hear how it goes once the season's under way.

...am not finding connectors for the 850.

Re. connectors, the ones I mentioned a few posts up are used on 600/800s, sorry. For 850s have a look at Delphi Weather-Pack Sealed series (12020829/12020827). I'm not positive on those, as I don't have an 850 to look at.

Dec 16, 2017
Nice clean install! That should work well. I'd be interested to hear how it goes once the season's under way.

Re. connectors, the ones I mentioned a few posts up are used on 600/800s, sorry. For 850s have a look at Delphi Weather-Pack Sealed series (12020829/12020827). I'm not positive on those, as I don't have an 850 to look at.
Thanks. Will do. I'm definitely excited to see how well it works.

No worries. I wasn't clear... I am working on both 800 and 850s.

Premium Features