• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

thumb throttle throw

scottbilt95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
golden, colorado
scottbiltracing.us
working on a 2022 850 matryx that won't hit the full throttle position because the grips (ODI) are a little thicker than oems. any suggestions? powermadd used to make a non-heated throttle block and lever with a steeper/quicker throw but this fix needs to be heated. thanks in advance.

jeff

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
can't make that much of a difference. adjust the cable?

scottbilt95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
golden, colorado
scottbiltracing.us
can't make that much of a difference. adjust the cable?
the cable only has a tiny bit of freeplay. if i mash the flipper, you can push on the exposed cable about an 1/8" before you feel the throttle body plates stop. in the real world it wouldn't surprise me if it's losing 500 rpm on top. i switched out the stock pipe for an SPI unit at the same time as the grips. with stock pipe wfo was 8400 rpm w/ 66 grams. SPI pipe at "wfo" was 8000 rpm which is where it's recommended but it didn't have the same grunt as the stocker. i was hoping to go up to 68 or even 70 grams to keep it at 8000 rpm.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
the cable only has a tiny bit of freeplay. if i mash the flipper, you can push on the exposed cable about an 1/8" before you feel the throttle body plates stop. in the real world it wouldn't surprise me if it's losing 500 rpm on top. i switched out the stock pipe for an SPI unit at the same time as the grips. with stock pipe wfo was 8400 rpm w/ 66 grams. SPI pipe at "wfo" was 8000 rpm which is where it's recommended but it didn't have the same grunt as the stocker. i was hoping to go up to 68 or even 70 grams to keep it at 8000 rpm.
You want at least 8,400. 8,000 is like ¾ throttle. I meant you cut the grip back so it's not under the flipper. You cut the grip down before you put it on didn't you?

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
This is sounding at the very least, misogynistic and potentially homophobic Ryan. I was trying to get forum expert advice on how to make it in the 3%er club.
It was directed to Chilly. So, maybe your right🤷🏻‍♂️

Now let’s see if skidoos reveal today can give us all something else to talk about. 😜

Premium Features