• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'24 brake lever free play

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
what does burandt say????

Burandt’s word is nothing. And as much as I trust and believe Terry’s feedback, I am going to wait until the Forum Expert Chilly chimes in with his feedback. His wife let us borrow one of his pasta rockets to attend our first ever Catalina wine mixer last night. Those brakes work well.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Burandt’s word is nothing. And as much as I trust and believe Terry’s feedback, I am going to wait until the Forum Expert Chilly chimes in with his feedback. His wife let us borrow one of his pasta rockets to attend our first ever Catalina wine mixer last night. Those brakes work well.
He told me to get a shorty lever but i don't think that's all the problem. Track is awesome. Scratchers awesome. Chassis awesome and then we go backwards on brake. I thought you improve on things every year.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
I think it’s a new caliper with more piston retraction. My 22 boost has an awesome brake, best I’ve had on a sled. My wife has a 24 and I can’t stand to ride it in trees like mentioned above, lever hits my fingers before I get any braking, I’m gonna bleed it and see what that does. Pretty pathetic the 24 has a good 3x the travel

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
so weird. my '24 650 brake is just fine. just a touch more travel than my '23 which locks up almost instantly. '24 has no issues at all

C
Dec 15, 2017
There's no consistency to it. Mine's horrible, a buddy that I ride with is acceptable just not great. And a few others I have felt seemed totally normal.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
My 24 boost is normal, wife's 24 9r has a bunch of free play and feels squishy.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
If anyone doesn't like the Matryx brake just put on an AXYS or ProRide master cylinder. I did this on my 23 and it is great. The brake light wiring needs splicing due to incorrect connector but all else fits perfect.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Apparently I'm going to have to do this. Pull brake in on 9r and it's 15/16 from bars and brake is squishy and doesn't lock up like previous years. Bleeding did nothing.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
I bled our 24 and it helped marginally. Still not impressed, there was a slight uphill bend in the brake line above coolant reservoir where it’s zip tied to frame. Didn’t help this one much but maybe others have air trapped there.

F
Jan 3, 2008
Has anyone tried reverse bleeding? Getting a big syringe full of brake fluid, connect it to the caliper and push the fluid up to the reservoir. Air bubbles want to go up so if the fluid goes up any trapped air bubbles should go up as well. Obviously you need to start with a fairly empty reservoir and watch it as to not have fluid overflow.

C
Dec 15, 2017
Mine is on the way to Carl's. They are going to check the rotor for warp, bleed it and potentially swap with a new master off of last year's sled to see if it improves my brake. Fingers crossed.:)

Premium Features