• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-Doo's SECOND REVEAL, Thursday Feb 22nd ???

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I feel the 9R has been around long enough for everyone to come to the realization it didn’t live up to the hype it once had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
9r is awesome. Still don't know how doo na competes with it because everyone buys the turbo doo. 850 doo already had better bottom end than the 850 poo but not quite like a 9r. I think doo needs it just for the fact you don't see any NAs. Only problem is the turbo price will go up to differentiate it enough to sell. The 9r is a grand or 2 overpriced.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
9r is awesome. Still don't know how doo na competes with it because everyone buys the turbo doo. 850 doo already had better bottom end than the 850 poo but not quite like a 9r. I think doo needs it just for the fact you don't see any NAs. Only problem is the turbo price will go up to differentiate it enough to sell. The 9r is a grand or 2 overpriced.
Maybe it would encourage Polaris to bring the 9r down $2k to keep it competitive with both the 858 and a new Doo NA offering. If I snowcheck this year I'll probably go 858 over the 9r and that's part of the reason.

The base 9r is around $19k, whereas the base 858 is $15ish. I'd go base model and get some nice shocks and add a trailtech to track my wife's 7s and still come out cheaper than a 9r with zero options.

S
Mar 18, 2018
What we don’t always see is the refinements that happen behind the scenes- hence are the spindles on the 24Freeride going to happen on the 25 Expert. A little chatter about a change to the drivers is a good example not released in this live release.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
My impression, in general, is that this was a year of REFINEMENTS to pre-existing platforms and models on a 5 year cycle.

Its just that there was SO MUCH HYPE and BUILD UP this year.
I had really hoped there would be at least ONE BIG SURPRISE to justify all the marketing hype of the QR Codes...

It was a heck of a promotion on Ski-Doos part..

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask

Everyone I talk to that has spent some time on it says the same thing it’s awesome but it’s not a boost. The bottom end is there for a short distance than it’s just an 850 with a heavy price tag. I think riding area and style has a lot to do with it to though.

I agree the 9R is way overpriced for what it is. The difference between a 9R vs a doo 850 in Canada a 9R is worth $27,000+ all dealer fees and taxes the doo 850 is $22,000+ all dealer fees and taxes. No way there is a $5000 difference of performance between the two sleds.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I agree the 9R is way overpriced for what it is. The difference between a 9R vs a doo 850 in Canada a 9R is worth $27,000+ all dealer fees and taxes the doo 850 is $22,000+ all dealer fees and taxes. NO WAY THERE IS A $5000 DIFFERENCE OF PERFORMANCE BETWEEN THE TWO SLEDS.

Totally agree! You have to give Polaris credit on their marketing. Imagine if they turn the 9R into a 950R, It will be 3 or 4 grand more than a Boosto_O. It's a cool sled, but way over priced.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Both reveals were very well attended and since snowmobiling is fun its great to keep the fun around snowmobiling, hence trying new stuff and making it FUN! Lots of crusty's out there in life and if you did not like the QR code blasts then you could have just waited to see it all live today but many of you did not so regardless of what you think it worked. Lots of great updates on an already sick turbo sled! Happy Riding the pow is back and its going to be a wicked end of feb/march! Hope everyone gets out and has fun!

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Honestly probably a good move for ski Doo, as long as they aren't greedy.

As long as they're willing to produce less sleds this year, they can let dealers work through 2024 inventory overages without too much margin degradation.

Too many changes on the 2025 and you're paying out the ass on rebates to clear up dollars and pace for the new models.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Everyone I talk to that has spent some time on it says the same thing it’s awesome but it’s not a boost. The bottom end is there for a short distance than it’s just an 850 with a heavy price tag. I think riding area and style has a lot to do with it to though.

I agree the 9R is way overpriced for what it is. The difference between a 9R vs a doo 850 in Canada a 9R is worth $27,000+ all dealer fees and taxes the doo 850 is $22,000+ all dealer fees and taxes. No way there is a $5000 difference of performance between the two sleds.

If i only had one sled it would have boost

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Maybe it would encourage Polaris to bring the 9r down $2k to keep it competitive with both the 858 and a new Doo NA offering. If I snowcheck this year I'll probably go 858 over the 9r and that's part of the reason.

The base 9r is around $19k, whereas the base 858 is $15ish. I'd go base model and get some nice shocks and add a trailtech to track my wife's 7s and still come out cheaper than a 9r with zero options.

Will the 858 compare to the 9r or 850? I've seen mixed predictions on this.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Will the 858 compare to the 9r or 850? I've seen mixed predictions on this.
If it's equal to the poo 850 power-wise, but lighter and more nimble, it'll be a winner. I think it's gonna disrupt NA sales from both other brands.

With the issues and recalls Polaris keeps having, I think Cat will gain quite a few Polaris riders especially.

The first mountain demo event is tomorrow in West Yellowstone, and I know some guys on here have said they'll be there. We should get some good honest reviews soon on how the 858 feels.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
I do not know how much of an impact it will have on the mountain sled market. It may be the best thing available, though after purchase how do you get it repaired, how do you get parts. The dealer network for cat is essentially non existent. In my location only one dealer is around, and I would avoid it if I could. I also heard cat has been terminating a lot of employee's in the snow division.

Do not get me wrong, I am hoping cat is successful with this sled, we desperately need competition in sledding industry. Bringing a N/A sled with a Turbo price and no dealers around may make the hill they have to climb a bit steaper.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Has BRP gotten like the government that we didn’t elect? Keep telling us what a great product we have long enough and we will believe it .

Premium Features