• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SKI-DOO SKI RUBBER DAMPERS - iSidehill - product launch

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
if the foot of the spindle is the same shape as ski-doo,then it should work.

That’s what I figured. I thought I remember last year guys were having troubles with the Elevate spindles and rubbers but couldn’t remember what the outcome was. I think it was just using a stiffer rubber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brownie

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2023
Montana
That’s what I figured. I thought I remember last year guys were having troubles with the Elevate spindles and rubbers but couldn’t remember what the outcome was. I think it was just using a stiffer rubber

I just got done installing elevate spindles using joes dampers and everything went together great. I believe iceage also made some changes to the foot of the spindles after some of last years issues with the gen 5.IMG_2289.jpeg

Brownie

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2023
Montana
Heim joints and ball joints were all straightened out before final tightening, had just put weight back on the suspension to measure and adjust angles.

O
Nov 23, 2009
I recently purchased from I-Backshift the new ski damper for my 2023 G5 Turbo , went out for my first ride last week in BC Mountain riding to test them out. I have Zollinger Spindles on the G5 I found the damper to always be in contact with the spindle which is what you want sidehilling in the trees was now so much better more predictable allowed you more confidence to hold an edge the ski was not moving forward or backwards stays on plain, the ski tip stays up also found when i had to reverse the keel of the stock ski did not want to dig in. I have tried all the different types of ski dampers this one does all the right things you need for technical riding. Also found on the trail ride in the rubber takes away the vibration you feel from the rubber absorbing the shock load. highly recommend this Damper. Thanks Joe for all the R&D.

P
Dec 29, 2007
I got mine installed 2 weeks ago and honestly did not pay that much attention to the performance because the front end of my Freeride turbo isn't on the ground very much. But after a buddy of mine had a stock one pop out when he hit a small stump and the front of the ski went straight up, I remembered I had installed them and started to pay attention on side hills mainly. I think I could tell the difference with it no washing out as much but maybe that was just me wanting it to be so. But I got a big surprise the first time I got into a predicament that required me to back up in the deep snow. I normally would not have backed up but i really had no choice and I was not near anyone to help so I just put in reverse and eased it back and holy crap, I went at least 10X further than i had ever imagined. i finally could not go any further but the back of the ski was barely dug in. With the stockers, the back of the ski would have dug in 10X sooner and 10X deeper. Nice job Joey!!! I will have to pay attention a bit more on the side hill benefits as i am sure it is substantial in certain snow conditions.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
An up date.

I’ve had mine installed for about 300-400 miles now on my 24 Summit Expert Turbo. They definitely seem to keep the sled more consistent and predictable.

Definitely purchase again.

Thanks again Joe

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
Spent sometime on Joes rubbers and work just as advertised. Definitely kept a sturdy ski when crossing old tracks in a sidehill. Reversing in a sticky situation kept the back ski from digging in. Will 100% be an addition to my sled along with his clutching when I get my next one. Will see how they hold up for the rest of the season. Stockers I would be lucky to get 300km out of the rubbers. Would go through 3/4 sets in a season

P
Jan 30, 2024
Michigan
I bought a set of these for my 24 Freeride with DS4 Ski's. Installation was a breeze and went together rather smoothly.

I rode with these for 5 days in Cooke two weeks ago and they worked as described. The sidehilling was more predictable, carving was awesome in the deep powder we were riding in, and less vibration transferred to the bars. The skis also seemed to stay more flat and when reversing they didn't dig in. Overall I am very pleased with the iSidehill ski dampers and I am now selling them to the crew I ride with and also at my Dealership, Grace Performance.

I highly recommend these if you are looking to improve your handling characterisitics and remove the stock dampers that break down and simply fail. If run your skis narrow or wide, you will need these for a worry free experience.

Premium Features