• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2025 Ski-Doo Rumors and Predictions

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I think the deposit should be 2500$ on a snow check this would protect the dealer and guys that buy a premium sled on snow check not to have the same sled they paid 27 k for sitting on showroom floors for 25k and more warranty

Maybe doo should stop screwing around with the snow check program. If the sled is ordered with warranty, it keeps it.
Imagine if cars and trucks had one year warranty if someone back out on an order.
The 2024’s will be old news after tomorrow, a discount on a sled with full warranty will help with old stock.
$2500 off a snowcheck is more attractive than a 2025 with bold now graphics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
My point was that your story does not relate to "hundreds" of over-stocked sleds

Huh? Guys order, they back out, it happens.
The weather is not the dealers fault, nor is it the snowchecker for ordering a sled starting in feb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
All you guys that think you're getting a great deal when you spring check a sled are missing the point. You're paying extra to get a couple of "limited spring check options" that may or may not even be real plus you get your sled in November or December. It will be much cheaper if you wait until late February to buy it of course. Around here I usually don't ride much in December or January and my real season is February through April or May, it makes very little sense to spring check a sled for me.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Buy high sell low or wait. For the market to return it’s a little different with interest being higher than it was.
Most items cars, trucks lots of things have went up do to low interest. I am mostly cash my self but when offered 0 percent financing I use it.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
All you guys that think you're getting a great deal when you spring check a sled are missing the point. You're paying extra to get a couple of "limited spring check options" that may or may not even be real plus you get your sled in November or December. It will be much cheaper if you wait until late February to buy it of course. Around here I usually don't ride much in December or January and my real season is February through April or May, it makes very little sense to spring check a sled for me.
I don't think anyone thinks they are getting the best deal AKA pricing of the season when they snowcheck. You snowcheck to get the latest and greatest in the configuration you want at the start of the season. Additional warranty is sometimes a bonus. It's worth it to some guys.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
I only snowchecked because I had do, you can't get Lynx otherwise. Well other than this year. my dealer has like 5 lynx snowchecks people backed out of sitting on their website for sale. Definitely don't get any deal snow checking its just MSRP usually least here.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
i was never under the illusion that i was getting a good deal at snowcheck. i wanted a specific sled and that was the only way to guaranteed get it.

F
Nov 18, 2011
North west territory
I was told in March of 22 by a skidoo ambassador that if I wasn’t happy with getting a sled less equipped than what I ordered that I should cancel the order because there’s lots of guys wanting the sled I ordered .at that moment I realized how little a lifetime doo diehard and supporter really was to skidoo . In the good times when sleds are selling faster than they can make them they forget about the times us loyals bought when they made more than they could sell .
From now on I’m going back to buying non current sleds and not being so loyal to yellow.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Remember all of the perks like the platinum owners club doo had and the swag you got when you snow checked.
All I got with my 2023 was a commodity surcharge price increase.
I wonder if this QR code thing is because doo probably isn’t going to have BRP Club this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Remember all of the perks like the platinum owners club doo had and the swag you got when you snow checked.
All I got with my 2023 was a commodity surcharge price increase.
I wonder if this QR code thing is because doo probably isn’t going to have BRP Club this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got a duffel bag in 2013 that says platinum owners club was my first sled... and I bought a Summit SP in season. My buddy had a snow checked one from same dealer and didn't get the swag lol.

M
Jan 26, 2013
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Value is in the eye of the purchaser. To be a sanctimonious a-🕳 projecting ones own perception of value onto that of another is well....it isn't like taxes where the money one has earned is spent without consent. Some like riding a 25 model year in 24 even at a premium. I am pleased others have the means to give themselves the joy of simple pleasure. This attempt of ridicule and insulting someone else's fiduciary acumen is either jealously or ignorance or narcissism (pick all that apply).

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I got a duffel bag in 2013 that says platinum owners club was my first sled... and I bought a Summit SP in season. My buddy had a snow checked one from same dealer and didn't get the swag lol.
I totally forgot, but I did in 2013 too.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
One year I got a helium jacket another I got a shirt, then a hand grip strength thing. Others i got accessory credit some I got a year more extended warranty. Gradually everything has been taken away. Since 2007 all my purchases have been snow check, x's or offerings that were available only through spring order. Last 4 or 5 I have not felt any value over waiting for an in season model.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I have never received anything from doo. Polaris has been very good about gifts just not very dependable. I will be sitting 25 out 24 doesn’t have many miles. Ridding group is shrinking soo maybe one more new one will be it.

Premium Features