• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2025 Ski-Doo Rumors and Predictions

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
It’s not the customers fault, nor the dealers fault that the snow sucks. Doo gives a dealer “X” amount of sleds to a dealer, guys order a sled during spring check, then customers back out. It happens, and correct me if I wrong, what doesn’t sell during premium snowcheck must be used on a non premium snowcheck.

What I don’t like about the whole snowcheck deal, is why doo drops the warranty on a backed out snow check. Unless there is a massive deal on a premium snow check, a guy is adding warranty to a 2024 sled that could be put towards a 2025, that will arrive in the fall. Hard to move a 2024 when the release is in two days with no snow in certain areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not the customers fault, nor the dealers fault that the snow sucks
It is the dealer's fault that they are over-stocked. Sure the manufactures desire the dealers to take quantity, but at the end of the day the dealer can and should make sound decisions regarding what their selling territory will buy.

correct me if I wrong, what doesn’t sell during premium snowcheck must be used on a non premium snowcheck.
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are saying here?

What I don’t like about the whole snowcheck deal, is why doo drops the warranty on a backed out snow check
There far more "phantom snowchecks" than customers backing out. And larger down payments will mean fewer customers backing out, which it appears the $500 down is history and $1,000 down is the new norm so customer commitment should improve. IMO, the guy committing in the spring deserves 'more' than the fall & winter buyer, so I don't think a "phantom snowcheck" should have the same benefits and a genuine one.

Hard to move a 2024 when the release is in two days with no snow in certain areas
Again, If the dealers are holding their margins during normal circumstances, there will be more margin available to motivate customers when the market tightens up.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Is it promised that snow check is the best deal you’ll ever see?
Snow check was supposed to be something special. Not so much anymore from Doo.

My dealer sells Doo and Poo and said the manufacturers are raising prices and squeezing the dealers. Poo's recalls are hurting them too. He was actually impressed with what Cat is doing.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Walked into a poo dealer an hour from me, had a cat hat on.
Service guy yells across the room over several guys, hey, you guys cat riders?
I yell back, ya, expecting to get harassed.
He answers,
Get over here and let me buy you a snack. You’re the only guy here that won’t yell at me today cuz his parts aren’t here.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Is it promised that snow check is the best deal you’ll ever see?
That once was a given.
Then after years of deep in season discounts the spring orders were getting smaller and smaller. One manufacturer (honestly cannot remember which one, and don't recall the terms) had some gimmick guaranteeing that the spring deal would be better than any in-season deal.
Then it was common to get x amount of $ in accys.
Seems the current theme is better warranty coverage.
But to answer your question, it's common sense to expect some reward for helping a dealer and in turn the manufacturer forecast their next season. Certainly one incentive is getting the exact machine one wants, but we all know dealers put in phantom orders and anything can and will have fall availability.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
No, to answer my question, it’s not a promise, or a guarantee.
Your answer even says, it’s an expectation. Y’all expect it, it’s really pretty difficult to promise it.
I’ve been around a minute….
Seen some buddy’s get sweet clothes and some good incentives, but rarely for the best price for that model year.
Better than most, probably.

I’ve never snow checked for that reason.
I can always wait a bit and someone is going to sell it cheaper.
No, I’ve never driven 1000 miles for $50 off.

Snow check has its place, I’ve watched cat recover their market VALUE with limiting and accurate pricing, but brands using it to give the cheapest deal is an expectation.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Snow check has its place, I’ve watched cat recover their market VALUE with limiting and accurate pricing, but brands using it to give the cheapest deal is an expectation.
I think we are drinking the same koolaid. I agree it makes far more sense in sales to give a better value than a better price. Thanks for reminding me of that, I think I was straying from that point in some of my posts.
So why snow check? For myself, I simply wanted a certain brand/model/options, wanted to purchase from a certain dealer, my sled's age warranted it & '23 was financially a decent year so it unexpectedly worked out. I did get a 2nd year warranty that I do not think will be standard in season. It will be a bonus if my model is not available next fall or is priced over MSRP!

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I think we are drinking the same koolaid. I agree it makes far more sense in sales to give a better value than a better price. Thanks for reminding me of that, I think I was straying from that point in some of my posts.
So why snow check? For myself, I simply wanted a certain brand/model/options, wanted to purchase from a certain dealer, my sled's age warranted it & '23 was financially a decent year so it unexpectedly worked out. I did get a 2nd year warranty that I do not think will be standard in season. It will be a bonus if my model is not available next fall or is priced over MSRP!
I hate to be that guy, but if you bought a Poo 24 at MSRP you got fleeced pretty bad this year when I bought almost the same sled as a 2023 for $17,000 with the premium shocks, E-start, and I can tack on 2 more years of warranty on top of the 1st year for $2200.

Ski-doo dealers also seem to have a lot of inventory around me. I've seen 2024 summit X turbo going for $17,000 and plenty of edges for around $13,500-$14,000. For this reason I'd be shocked if either polaris or skidoo do much in the mountain segment. Probably BNG to try and cut back on inventory before going 900 turbo for polaris and I won't even try to guess on skidoo.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Dealers & manufacturers quickly forgot how easy it was to sell when product was limited. They returned to over-producing coupled with a low snow year. Recipe for disaster.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
It is the dealer's fault that they are over-stocked. Sure the manufactures desire the dealers to take quantity, but at the end of the day the dealer can and should make sound decisions regarding what their selling territory will buy.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are saying here?

There far more "phantom snowchecks" than customers backing out. And larger down payments will mean fewer customers backing out, which it appears the $500 down is history and $1,000 down is the new norm so customer commitment should improve. IMO, the guy committing in the spring deserves 'more' than the fall & winter buyer, so I don't think a "phantom snowcheck" should have the same benefits and a genuine one.

Hard to move a 2024 when the release is in two days with no snow in certain areas
Again, If the dealers are holding their margins during normal circumstances, there will be more margin available to motivate customers when the market tightens up.

The dealers have allocations, if 300 sleds are allocated to a dealer and 300 snocheckers come and order, how is the dealer overstocking themselves?

Now if 250 of those units are snowchecked, that leaves 50 sleds that the dealer can order like summit edges, depending on the geographical location. If a dealer doesn’t take all if the allocations, they will get less units the next year. Same as a car dealer.

I also found out today that the warranty will be increased on holdover sleds, and certain rebates may be available.

The phantom snow check is a thing of the past. Its alot stricter, especially when changing a order, after it was placed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
always thought the 500 deposit was a low bar for commitment.

Depends on the dealer, 100k+ vehicle, 1k is the normal on a deposit. I would never deal with a sled dealer that asked for a 1k deposit.

Deposits are refundable in Canada, it’s actually against the law to hold back money for a product that was not received, some do not know that actually.
The last vehicle I ordered and took delivery on last oct, there was no deposit taken.

During covid had 4g out on deposits on trucks at different dealers, and got them all back when I found a truck I wanted.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
The dealers have allocations, if 300 sleds are allocated to a dealer and 300 snocheckers come and order, how is the dealer overstocking themselves?

Now if 250 of those units are snowchecked, that leaves 50 sleds that the dealer can order like summit edges, depending on the geographical location. If a dealer doesn’t take all if the allocations, they will get less units the next year. Same as a car dealer.

Your hypotheticals don't relate to the issue of dealers with 'hundreds' of sleds still in stock.
And you're correct, many dealers are gullible enough to allow manufacturers to manipulate their judgement. You won't lose money on inventory you don't have. If a dealer is comfortable with 50 units and allows the manufacturer to coerce him into taking 75..... well, sometimes when you gamble you lose. But don't make other dealers pay for your sins by marketing your dead inventory on the internet at 'give away' pricing.

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I think the deposit should be 2500$ on a snow check this would protect the dealer and guys that buy a premium sled on snow check not to have the same sled they paid 27 k for sitting on showroom floors for 25k and more warranty
You obviously 'get it'. (y)

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Your hypotheticals don't relate to the issue of dealers with 'hundreds' of sleds still in stock.
And you're correct, many dealers are gullible enough to allow manufacturers to manipulate their judgement. You won't lose money on inventory you don't have.

This is not my info, my dealer told me this awhile back.

Premium Features