• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Primary clutch battle

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Polaris vs Cat vs Doo

Which one is the least disposable?
Which one makes the loudest noise when exploding?
Which one makes the biggest hole when exiting the side panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Polaris vs Cat vs Doo

Which one is the least disposable?
Which one makes the loudest noise when exploding?
Which one makes the biggest hole when exiting the side panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doo most expensive followed by Polaris and then Cat (as of recent Adapt price dropping under 400$)
Loudest noise is Cat (they explode but usually after you get 1000 miles (average), Polaris just fall off when leaving truck, Doos are French and blow drivetrain parts on opposite side.
Biggest hole is Polaris as the panel tends to come off completely, most damage is Cat because it tries to contain the explosion, Doo again is opposite side (language barrier).

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Good to see they dropped the adapt price. I guess thats better than giving them away. They gave me 2. Polaris has given me 1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

C
Dec 14, 2020
My buddies cats have taken the lower plastic panel out.

The older p85 seem to be more reliable than anything else.

If I had a cat I'd spring for the CV Tech.

I don't understand how the doo works as the only time I've had to touch one the entire motor, subframe, and bulkhead were all in the wrong spots courtesy of a rock.

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
the ski doo clutch the P drive has a notch in the taper that fits the notch in the crank!!!! the P drive clutch taper is not in the CENTER!!! it has built in -In-balance to counter the crank I balance.....crazy!!!! but seems to work... If you put the P drive clutch on a taper it would spin like an egg!!! let alone the secondaries are attached to the jack shaft!!! have to pull out the drive line to change helix!

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
They do make a CV tech clutch for doo and poo for anyone interested. Still have blown up a P-85 in over 20 years of sledding. Have a P-85 on my 9R and boost, seen too many p-22 failures to trust that clutch. This happened today on my buddies cat, made a pretty loud noise.

IMG_4043.png

C
Nov 29, 2008
Have a CV Tech powerbloc 80 for the Axys sitting on the shelf ...hoping to swap it over soon for ****s & giggles to see if it's any better ...not that the p85 has given any amount of grief yet

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Premium Features