• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Post Forward kit on G5 Turbo

G
Jan 30, 2010
Foe those that have done the post forward mod have you noticed a significant improvement? I'm on the fence wether I should do this or not. It doesn't seem to be that popular. Just trying to make the decision. Thanks

snosumitcsr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trout Lake Washington
Man sure does seem like the skis don’t reach full lock right and left very well, not even close to the spindle stop. Any remedy’s to get a tighter turn radius ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snosumitcsr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trout Lake Washington
Found my problem, the grip and rip front nun brace doesn’t allow the steering post stops to hit the factory location, it hits the grip n rip brace. Had to notch out the brace to allow it to work properly.
4cd1da87787b87ff4f303bb23d5a9dee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Feb 13, 2019
Hello!
I am fitting a Skinz post forward kit to my Summit G5 and there is a lot of play in the top mount.
How have you guys solved this?
You can see in the picture that there is a gap in the bushing and this causes the steering post to play 2-3 mm
IMG_6573.jpeg

D
Hello!
I am fitting a Skinz post forward kit to my Summit G5 and there is a lot of play in the top mount.
How have you guys solved this?
You can see in the picture that there is a gap in the bushing and this causes the steering post to play 2-3 mm
View attachment 413468
Mine was the same way……. You have to take the top piece off and put it on a grinding wheel. Just do a little at a time and then keep trying it until you remove all the slop.

D
Mine was the same way……. You have to take the top piece off and put it on a grinding wheel. Just do a little at a time and then keep trying it until you remove all the slop.
What I meant by the top piece is…….. the smaller piece that the bolts go through.
you might have to grind down the bolts a little bit too…..meaning, the bolts might be too long after grinding down the slop portion. If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to message me.

Premium Features