• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

aftermarket can on G5 turbo cause any warranty issues

This is super simple to understand. IF the aftermarket component was found to be the cause of the failure in question, the MFG "may" void the warranty. If you have a Can and the chain case blows up, That's common sense that the can was not the root cause. If some idiot puts out a can (cough. cough...Bikeman) that causes the engine to run out of safe parameters and it goes BOOM, then I'm sure your warranty claim will be denied. And there are sensors that measure pressure and temps in multiple areas. This is all recorded in the ECU, so BRP will know if it was not running correctly. The days of "just putting stock can back on" are over. Its 2024, not 1994.

There is not a car\boat\motorcycle\sled MFG that is going to warranty a person putting on crappy parts.

Tahoepow

Lifetime Membership
Aug 7, 2012
North shore Lake Tahoe
Thanks for all the replies! Looks like a sticky point of conversation with warranty and what may cause a failure on the machine. Crazy what computers can track with all the sensors. Anyways got the turbo in some deep tahoepow after digging out and roads opening back up in the Tahoe area. 60" fell at my house in 2.5 days. (6800 ft elevation) Good storm. Left the GGB on there. Plus I like hot food so the muff pot will be added shortly . The stock suitcase is heavy, bulky and prob sounds boring. The 154 summit turbo performance blew my mind! coming from an 800 Alpha. It's like a whole new riding experience with the ability to lift the skis at will. The GGB trail can wasn't any louder than my HPS cans in the past. Seemed like power was very smooth. I will need to fiip back to stock for a full comparison, but that won't be happening anytime soon. Unless a problem develops... The stock muffler will sit in a cardboard box like all the stock suitcases in the past and get kicked around until I sell the sled. I added some heat tape to some areas around the muffler and will monitor how hot things get in there. so far so good. Enjoy all the great snow!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Thanks for all the replies! Looks like a sticky point of conversation with warranty and what may cause a failure on the machine. Crazy what computers can track with all the sensors. Anyways got the turbo in some deep tahoepow after digging out and roads opening back up in the Tahoe area. 60" fell at my house in 2.5 days. (6800 ft elevation) Good storm. Left the GGB on there. Plus I like hot food so the muff pot will be added shortly . The stock suitcase is heavy, bulky and prob sounds boring. The 154 summit turbo performance blew my mind! coming from an 800 Alpha. It's like a whole new riding experience with the ability to lift the skis at will. The GGB trail can wasn't any louder than my HPS cans in the past. Seemed like power was very smooth. I will need to fiip back to stock for a full comparison, but that won't be happening anytime soon. Unless a problem develops... The stock muffler will sit in a cardboard box like all the stock suitcases in the past and get kicked around until I sell the sled. I added some heat tape to some areas around the muffler and will monitor how hot things get in there. so far so good. Enjoy all the great snow!
Need pictures of snow or it will void your warranty.

Premium Features