• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

POLL:: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Buy Now or SnowCheck a 25 ???

Buy Now or Wait and SnowCheck

• Buy one right now!

• Wait and SnowCheck a new 2025

Results are only viewable after voting.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So.
My brand new 2024 Turbo Summit X has been totaled and the Insurance company will be cutting me a check in the next week.
This means I have to make an interesting decission.

Do I go into the dealership and pickup another Hold-Over 2024 SnowChecked Turbo OR do I wait a month or so and just SnowCheck a 2025??

NOTE:
(I have a 2nd brand new 2024 Turbo Summit-X that I took on it's maiden breakin voyage today, so I will NOT be without a sled to ride, but won't have that second one as either a backup or a sled to ride with either of my sons..)

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
So.
My brand new 2024 Turbo Summit X has been totaled and the Insurance company will be cutting me a check in the next week.
This means I have to make an interesting decission.

Do I go into the dealership and pickup another Hold-Over 2024 SnowChecked Turbo OR do I wait a month or so and just SnowCheck a 2025??

NOTE:
(I have a 2nd brand new 2024 Turbo Summit-X that I took on it's maiden breakin voyage today, so I will NOT be without a sled to ride, but won't have that second one as either a backup or a sled to ride with either of my sons..)

Well if you were on Polaris, I would advise you to go out and get another one ASAP, but you are on a doo so you should be ok with one sled.

If it were me I would wait and see what snow check is offering, if nothing changes I would think there will be deals on hold over turbos. Then throw the money you get into a GIC for a year or whatever term, make some money off of it.
(Not sure if a GIC a thing in the US now that I am typing it)
Just my two cents on what I would be doing if in your situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
The snow is so stellar out there that 24s might start getting cheaper or more reasonable here pretty quick. Nobody is buying anything around here is what i was told. If it snows things could change.
On the other hand, you are not getting any younger. Why sit around waiting your whole life. Being you have a new sled i might have said wait even though i don't think there would be much coming down the pike. Refinements and maybe guage stuff or group ride, which is supposed to be upgradeable. Not sure i believe that because you don't make money giving things away for little or nothing. Maybe, with them putting it in side by sides also. Since you said it was to possibly to take your son, well, that is time you won't get back. You could always sell one next fall and order a 25 if you want the latest and greatest even though it's a buy high sell low deal. Only you can decide what that's worth.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Being you have a new sled i might have said wait even though i don't think there would be much coming down the pike. Refinements and maybe guage stuff or group ride, which is supposed to be upgradeable. Not sure i believe that because you don't make money giving things away for little or nothing..
That RIGHT THERE is the key issue.
Will BRP finally release their version of Buddy Tracking and a new Mapping system that does NOT require me to attach my Cell Phone.

AND...

If they do announce that as a 25 SnowCheck feature, WILL IT BE RETROFITTABLE or NOT.????

E
Dec 19, 2007
I don't see that they are going to do much different next year.... Refinements, proper brake master cylinder on more sleds, proper spindles and skis, new colors... There are quite a few things that they should address but probably won't. I don't see them doing any big changes to chassis for a couple more years. Get a great deal on a '24 and save the rest for gas. If they do something new next year, so be it, you don't want the first year of anything anyway.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I don't see that they are going to do much different next year.... Refinements, proper brake master cylinder on more sleds, proper spindles and skis, new colors... There are quite a few things that they should address but probably won't. I don't see them doing any big changes to chassis for a couple more years. Get a great deal on a '24 and save the rest for gas. If they do something new next year, so be it, you don't want the first year of anything anyway.
Will BRP finally release their version of Buddy Tracking and a new Mapping system that does NOT require me to attach my Cell Phone.

AND...

If they do announce that as a 25 SnowCheck feature, WILL IT BE RETROFITTABLE or NOT.????

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
Third season of the G5 probably won’t see anything to crazy more refinements perhaps. The 850 itself has been around a long time with no major upgrades so maybe something there. Your going to pay a premium for a 25 or you could pick up a 24 for a hell of a price I would imagine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
That RIGHT THERE is the key issue.

AND...

Doo will not is my guess.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
What happened to your sled?

If you are doing a lot or riding with your son(s); and the snow is getting better. I would get one now.

Otherwise, I would wait another month and see where current prices are.

Last edited:

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
if finances aren't an issue then buy one now and snow check a '25. you could always give up the snow check or sell one of the '24's.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
What happened to your sled?

If you are doing a lot or riding with your son(s); and the snow is getting better. I would get one now.

Otherwise, I would wait another month and see where current prices are.
It was a Horrible end to a great day of riding when the sled fell off the trailer on the way home.
Clearly you missed out on an epic thread!;)

Premium Features