• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PBR question

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Don’t know much about this unit other than it converts the A/C power from the stator to D/C in 3 different areas in the sled, see attached pics for more detail. Sounds like the PBR is programmable from digital wrench. My boost has been throwing a bunch of weird codes this season which has culminated in the ECU fuse blowing randomly. Sleds been at the dealer for a month and they say it needs a new PBR. As you would expect, they’re on back order till who knows when. We still have a lot of snow and probably will be riding into June. Can I use a PBR out of my 22’ 850 NA in my 22’ boost if I want to ride it? Part numbers for the unit is the same, but since it needs to be programmed for your sled, not sure if you can interchange them.

53AA6F54-28FF-4D11-A8BD-F4D00418B3A7.jpeg B98646C0-3C78-490A-B4A6-EF758D163289.jpeg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Don’t know much about this unit other than it converts the A/C power from the stator to D/C in 3 different areas in the sled, see attached pics for more detail. Sounds like the PBR is programmable from digital wrench. My boost has been throwing a bunch of weird codes this season which has culminated in the ECU fuse blowing randomly. Sleds been at the dealer for a month and they say it needs a new PBR. As you would expect, they’re on back order till who knows when. We still have a lot of snow and probably will be riding into June. Can I use a PBR out of my 22’ 850 NA in my 22’ boost if I want to ride it? Part numbers for the unit is the same, but since it needs to be programmed for your sled, not sure if you can interchange them.
I would think being the same part number they can treat it like a new part which would need programming anyways.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I was more wondering if you can switch the PBR, machine to machine, without the dealer programming it. Like my boost has been throwing intermittent PBR codes all season. Say on a ride the PBR takes a **** and quits working out in the back country. Can you take the PBR out of another sled to get the broken one out? Or is the PBR programming specific to your sled vin/ECU?

Premium Features