• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

7s questions

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
I have a 7s that appears to have died. New one on order, but backordered.

I have another 7s I can swap from another sled. It is from a N/A sled and would be swapped to a Boost.
They have identical part numbers.

Is the programming for them stored in the ECU? Or do the actual gauges have unique programming? I know the 7s Ride Command software updates are the same for all versions.

Will the boost gauge show up on the N/A screen?

Wondering what data transfers with the gauge and what stays in the sled ecu?

Can hours/miles be corrected with digital wrench when new gauge comes in? I don't really want to have 2 sleds with inaccurate mileage and hours on the gauges.

thanks for any info

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have a 7s that appears to have died. New one on order, but backordered.

I have another 7s I can swap from another sled. It is from a N/A sled and would be swapped to a Boost.
They have identical part numbers.

Is the programming for them stored in the ECU? Or do the actual gauges have unique programming? I know the 7s Ride Command software updates are the same for all versions.

Will the boost gauge show up on the N/A screen?

Wondering what data transfers with the gauge and what stays in the sled ecu?

Can hours/miles be corrected with digital wrench when new gauge comes in? I don't really want to have 2 sleds with inaccurate mileage and hours on the gauges.

thanks for any info
My sled just got a new 7s under warranty.

It shows 0 miles now.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
My sled just got a new 7s under warranty.

It shows 0 miles now.
did the hours read correctly?
how about the break-in bar if it was still in break-in.

do you know if it needed to be programmed or is the programming in the ecu?

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
answered some of my questions yesterday.
swapped my 9R gauge to my boost.
Hours eventually corrected to the boost.
Mileage stayed the same.
Vin read correctly.
Break-in bar was correct.
NO boost gauge that I could find. Seems like maybe programming is different.

Can the mileage be corrected with digital wrench??

Tewstroke

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2008
Yakima,WA
I had to swap my 9R hood/7s gauge to my Boost to ride it because the Boost's 7s gauge died. It worked fine and had all of the correct information ( miles, etc.) for the Boost and did show the Boost gauge.

KStrand

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2010
MN
Miles stay with the gauge, Hours stay with the ECU and I was told dealers can't make adjustments on either. Found all this out when they did my Brake Recall, download quit halfway through and they couldn't get it to work again and then ECU was completely wiped then so they had to order me a new ECU. Hours and break in meter were both at 0 but miles were same since gauge didn't get swapped out.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Miles stay with the gauge, Hours stay with the ECU and I was told dealers can't make adjustments on either. Found all this out when they did my Brake Recall, download quit halfway through and they couldn't get it to work again and then ECU was completely wiped then so they had to order me a new ECU. Hours and break in meter were both at 0 but miles were same since gauge didn't get swapped out.
Yeah the break in stays with the machine and has nothing to do with the 7S. I posted all of this early season when I put my Boost hood on my 9R. My 9R showed 600 miles but the break in bar was still there at halfway.

Tewstroke

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2008
Yakima,WA
Yeah the break in stays with the machine and has nothing to do with the 7S. I posted all of this early season when I put my Boost hood on my 9R. My 9R showed 600 miles but the break in bar was still there at halfway.

Do you know of any tricks to wake up a 7s that
abruptly stopped working? Or, is it likely toast?

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Do you know of any tricks to wake up a 7s that
abruptly stopped working? Or, is it likely toast?
this is what happened to mine. it was working fine, then went black. I thought it was a glitch and resetting itself. but no, it will not power back on.
we checked everything. made sure the connections were seated correctly, checked all fuses, diodes, relays. swapped diodes and relays. held the polaris button to reset it. nothing.
i then swapped hoods from my 9R with 7s, that gauge works just fine on my boost. I then took the gauges out from their respective hoods and swapped them just to test the hood wiring harness on my boost. my 9R gauge works on my boost hood, so I know the wiring harness is intact.
everything points to a bad gauge. new one is on warranty order

Last edited:

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
When ordering the 7S display for an existing sled with a standard gauge, is there anything else required for the 7S display to drop in and plug in?

A battery. But it isn’t required.
It is just nice to have because the gauge doesn’t have to reboot every time you shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
When ordering the 7S display for an existing sled with a standard gauge, is there anything else required for the 7S display to drop in and plug in?
3286893 vs 3286894

What is the difference with each of these part numbers as they both are for the 7S display?

Which one should I order for an 850 22'
i think you need the hood wiring harness, gps puck, and sled to sled antenna, and the battery power up kit. there is also an install kit, not exactly sure what it contains. there is another thread that has the info and part numbers.
i think the different display part numbers are the old one with wifi and the new one. I believe the new one replaces the old

F
Jul 27, 2014
Fresno
I see superceded numbers which both point to these part numbers. I have also heard gps isn't included. I will look into the antenna also. I would assume that's the same and not additional antenna

Premium Features