• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

off brand welders

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I have a lincoln 3200HD. It does quite well. I welded up my trailer axle after moving it and the beads are showing zero signs of breaking, even after a few trips up and down the hill on the wonderful roads that CDOT maintains. The Shielding Gas makes a pretty bead for finish work and I can weld up to 1/4" steel with it. If I need to go deeper I can turn off the bottle and swap the wires for non-shielded gas. That is quite easy, just a plug in. One minute and it's swapped.

I think the entire setup was pretty affordable. The wife got it for me as present and she's pretty dang frugle.

Check craigslist. I know here in Colorado, there are a bunch of welders (Arc, MIG and TIG) up for sale for pretty cheap, given that the economy is so good. *Me rolls eyes*

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks for the input, used welders around here arent seen very often but i did get my hands on a few month old Hobart Handler 140. I laid a few beads with flux core and it welds nice, good enough for what I'll be using it for.

Premium Features