• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 RMK 800/Boondocker Sidekick error cause

D
Nov 2, 2008
2016 RMK with Boondocker Sidekick.
Went to get it out of storage this year and found it’s locked in error code 520194-3. TSS open circuit or grounded. (Something like that) It’s stuck in Rpms under 3k, like a limp mode but doesn’t even limp.
So here’s what I’ve done so far.
1. Taped in TSS switch. No change.
2. Jumpered the TSS plug in at the handlebar stem.
3. Installed a different TSS switch.
4. Different ECM.
5. Different TPS.
6. Adjusted throttle cable by 1/4 turns on the handlebar cable adjuster. All the way loose, to starting to increase idle speed.
7. Reseated all harness connectors under the hood.
The sled is in minty good shape with only 1400 miles. Nona speck of corrosion, rust, grease, etc. Looks brand new.

Last night I was given the idea from a FB page that the engine was not recognizing the CPS on the flywheel and might be rusty over the sensors. I took the recoil off and cleaned it but ran out of time to start it and find out if that was the culprit, which most likely is not upon inspection.

All that being said, I have another 2016 with the Sidekick that I’ve been using for parts swapping.

Any other thoughts on what to check?

Sorry about the typo in the title. Went to edit and it doesn’t let me edit the title.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
So here’s what I’ve done so far.
1. Taped in TSS switch. No change.
2. Jumpered the TSS plug in at the handlebar stem.
3. Installed a different TSS switch.
4. Different ECM.
5. Different TPS.

Starts and idles fine? Problem only occurs when you try and engage clutch?

If yes, it is probably the TSS circuit. If two switches both have same problem, check TSS wiring make sure it isn’t grounded to chassis through chafed wires. Also do a continuity check to make sure a wire isn’t open (broken).

Premium Features