• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro's doing what Nytros arent supposed to :)

Z

Zipperno

Jan 9, 2008
Nordkjosbotn, Norway
I sure hope we can use the exit 1 with these a arms, that would be a sweet setup. I do not like fox air shocks especially when not running a sway bar.

Just checked my Exit shocks. They have the spherical bearing and will work with this suspension. Only issues maybe shock lenght if the arms are designed for 16.5" shocks.

DSC00655.jpg

DSC00652.jpg

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
I sure hope we can use the exit 1 with these a arms, that would be a sweet setup. I do not like fox air shocks especially when not running a sway bar.

X2... I think my exits are 16.5" as well which i think these A-arms are set up for??

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
My Exits are 17.5 as well. However, they are a standard style bearing like the stock floats. Looks like I'm boned twice.

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Here's an update for everyone that is following this.

Skinz will be going ahead with production of these units in the very near future. Finalized pricing is approximately 1-2 weeks away and will include different price points for a base a-arm package up to an all-inclusive a-arm/shock package setup with Fox Evol-R shocks. The final design will be built using 17.5" shocks with spherical bearing ends to accomodate the mis-alignment of the upper mounting point to the lower.

I've spoken with them about offering a retrofit package for customers who already have Floats, Ohlins or Exits and OFT Racing will be pursuing this. I'm very confident that the Fox Float and Float 2's will be able to be retrofitted with the spherical bearing ends that are needed with this a-arm kit. We will look at the Exits and Ohlins after that. Stay tuned on this.

A little nugget for everyone to chew on. Skinz will be releasing a documentary DVD that follows the evolution and development of this kit for the Nytro. I have not seen it, but was told that it will show the reasons why they pursued this project and what it took to accomplish it. Should help pass the long summer nights til we all get to ride again.

Another part of the DVD will follow a very small production run of some Skinz built, Nytro "Black" sleds built with all of the goodies that you need to make the Nytro in to what it is capable of. Again, stay tuned....

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Skinz will be releasing a documentary DVD that follows the evolution and development of this kit for the Nytro.

AHA!
That explains why they were shooting all that video on the demo rides.

They were working HARD to get some really cool video of the sleds going through their paces.

Should be interesting to see...

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
AHA!
That explains why they were shooting all that video on the demo rides.

They were working HARD to get some really cool video of the sleds going through their paces.

Should be interesting to see...

I was told that it would contain a fair amount of riding video.

For everyone elses sake, I hope you left your helmet on :brick:

Just sayin'

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I was told that it would contain a fair amount of riding video.

For everyone elses sake, I hope you left your helmet on :brick:

Just sayin'
Don't worry.
I am pretty sure they wanted video of people who knew what they were doing!! :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Shock update

The Exit shocks are able to be upgraded. See below.

ExitShock.jpg

The OEM Float 2's can be upgraded as well. They will require a little more machining, but it can be done. Going to take a couple of days to complete the machining fixtures and I will post pics.

All Ohlins built for the Nytro are supposed to have the spherical bearings installed as they were delivered from Ohlins.

The production front end kits will use a 17.5" ( same as Yamaha OEM ) shock.

There is another ride review posted on TY as well.

eyefish123

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2010
Northern Idaho
Fox Floats

I have the 18" Fox Float 2s on my Nytro with my Bark Buster front end. Do you think this will work with the new Skinz A-arms or will I need to get the 17.5" shocks?

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Boy Scotty, did I ever miss this... I'm fairly certain yer sled will never be the same after that "tank" was on it! That is the "Germ" isn't it? :face-icon-small-hap

019Medium.jpg

Premium Features