• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Building up and old 2-Stroke

M
Dec 11, 2023
Idaho
Hi all,

I'm new to snow bikes and to the forum. I've ridden dirt bikes for a few years and feel comfortable doing most of my own work.

Here is the challenge: a 2010 KTM 250XC with a 2019 Mototrax 120 Enduro kit

I know that this is not going to hang with any of the long track kits or any of the 450cc+ guys, but I got both for a pretty decent deal and thought it would be good to learn on. Also it would be a good challenge to see what kind of performance it is capable of. Currently, I have made the following changes:

-Carb heater
-thermobob
-engine blanket
-hydrophobic intake
-4 Gal gas tank
-.64 fork springs
-airbox delete
-Timbersled MH ski (Older model mounted to the Mototrax spindle)
-XRT Heat exchanger (Not yet installed, plan on deleting rads)
-Running 1oz/gal Alcohol along with premix (prevent carb from icing)
-red PV spring

Any ideas on where to go with this build? Set up tips? How to Ride?

20231203_172549.jpg

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Sounds like you have done your research. Might not be the same on your Moto trax kit, but I swapped my timber sled spindle on a mountain horse for a Moto Trax spindle and had problems with the front end washing out going downhill in powder. Finally realized it was the spindle and changed back to TS spindle and had no problems.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
I remember eric82930 likes or liked the mototrax spindle but I think I remember him saying he braced it to stiffen it up.

E
Dec 19, 2007
The rubber that fits the ts ski doesn't really match the bottom of the mt spindle shape. Just stuff some junk under the rubber to take up space the best you can so the ski can't tip forward or back as much.
Get a high comp head or cut the stock one. Put the gas weight on the back as much as you can. That should have plenty of watts to run the koso bolt on heated grips.

Premium Features