• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 23 chain and gears .

E
Nov 9, 2013
I ordered the chain and gears from BRP using the part numbers given in an earlier post. supposed to arrive Friday and I’ll report what actually comes in.
the HRSS kits won’t have a 53 tooth bottom gear-I reached out to ask them.
@jcjc1 did you get your order? did the right parts arrive from BRP that weren't in your sled (but were supposed to be)?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
@jcjc1 did you get your order? did the right parts arrive from BRP that weren't in your sled (but were supposed to be)?
yes, the right parts came in and i ordered from cyclepartsnation. in terms of what was supposed to come from the factory, i really don't know if it's supposed to be hyvo but they didn't provide that for some reason or it is supposed to be the "regular" sprockets/chain.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
From some of the pics I’ve seen on line, it looks like the lower gear is braking apart, but the chain stays intact. Is the “wobble” of the two piece shaft causing the lower gear to flex, weaken and eventually break apart?

580FDCA4-3952-4399-8196-EAB00E9A1560.png 9BAD4417-79CE-4B03-A77B-32931D509937.png

P

pnw.yami

Oct 23, 2020
From some of the pics I’ve seen on line, it looks like the lower gear is braking apart, but the chain stays intact. Is the “wobble” of the two piece shaft causing the lower gear to flex, weaken and eventually break apart?
It's tough to say. I hope skidoo reads these comments and addresses on MY24' models. It could be the wobble, but could also be the improper chain/gears that were sent out. When I searched the part number for the chains/gears that came with my sled, they were spec'd on naturally aspirated models. Safest bet: Install a TKI solution, and order the HYVO gears/chain.

Premium Features