• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Muff pot cooker keeps breaking

P
Nov 26, 2007
Same problem here about 5 rides is it. I think it has something to do with the vibration of my POS old cat motor. clutches don't last long either

C
Jan 18, 2004
Merrill Oregon
THESE NUMBERS DO NOT WORK!!!

DOES ANYONE HAVE A LEGIT NUMBER OR KNOW WHO MANUFACTURES THE MUFF POT??? I need to get mine warrantied. 3rd one to break at the base support :mad:

951/743/7000 is the right number guy's..:eek: I think the business is run out of a house. When she answere's the phone YOU have say that you have a muff pot. Also she is a little hard to understand but I still got what I was looking for.;)
I told her that I had a cracked base and she said to call back in August since they are out of them for the season. Not to big of deal I guess....:face-icon-small-dis

bhoth

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2010
South Jordan, UT
Bringing this back to the top, my Muffpot base broke in half after just 3 rides, only one of those rides we actually used it to hold the Muffpot, the other two rides we left the base empty.

Anyone else experiencing this lately? I called the number posted above (looks like a California area code) a Hispanic lady answered and confirmed that they still sell the Muffpot and asked if she could call me back in a couple hours. She never did.

Last edited:

bhoth

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2010
South Jordan, UT
Do you leave an empty Muffpot in the base when riding? Could be the vibrations fatigue the metal causing it to break.

Photos?

No we have not left the empty muffpot in the base when not using it. See a picture of the base with the part missing:

23844514259_851b37a8b4_o.jpg

Last edited:
M

meierjn

Nov 11, 2008
I use a heavier type of spring clamp on mine. It stays nice and tight but the base has cracked twice. I've had it welded up and I don't think it will crack again!

bhoth

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2010
South Jordan, UT
I use a heavier type of spring clamp on mine. It stays nice and tight but the base has cracked twice. I've had it welded up and I don't think it will crack again!

I would get my base welded but the part that has broken off is gone:face-icon-small-sad

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I make my own base plates out of steel sheets. Can use a thinner gauge than what they use on the muff pot base. Have run mine for years without any cracking.

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
You guys should add some rubber where the mounting points are to dampen the vibration.

Premium Features