• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Muff Pot / Cooker Can "THING" for Gen 4 850 (Review and Installation)

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Nice! I went and bought some heat shield and lined the inside of the panel just in case. Do you leave the pot in if you’re not planning on cooking anything in it or do you remove it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Nice! I went and bought some heat shield and lined the inside of the panel just in case. Do you leave the pot in if you’re not planning on cooking anything in it or do you remove it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The manufacturer states, do not leave it installed when not cooking.

That means u need a sealable bag to contain the greasy mess inside a storage bag when not in use....

Sent it

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Got mine installed on Monday, it was pretty easy and it doesn't sound much louder than stock at idle and when I rode it out of the garage it still didn't seem too loud. Real test will be tomorrow and this weekend.

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Got the sled out for a good rip this weekend and I liked the sound of the can, wife noticed immediately that it was a louder but not obnoxiously loud and the sled ran fine. Still haven't had a chance to cook anything in it yet but maybe this coming weekend.

Idahodoo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Pocatello Idaho
www.jcscutomvents.com
Lol.................after I wrote that post I went out and rode for a couple days, turns out it was a bit louder than I had hoped and sold it 2 days later but I'm getting older and my hearing ain't what it use to be.
The regular Cooker Can Thing is about the same DB level as the SLP Can and has a lower DB level than the super loud BMP can. There is a Quiet Cooker Can is available now (y) witch is quieter than the SLP & BMP cans & closer to the stock can DB Level.

Last edited:
Premium Features