• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Muff pot cooker keeps breaking

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
I sell the hotdogger. Basically does the same thing. It is the one in Burandts hot pocket video.

info@gobigparts.com

Have they improved the Hotdogger? The one I had years ago was real small and left a black residue on everything.

The base plates on the Muffpot do suck, the Hotpots suck too. Anyone come up with a good number for them?

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
I used 2 marine grade hose clamps. They loosened maybe once in 3 years? I think this helped the base from cracking. I had mine on a 1150(lots of vibration) for 2 years and now the Dragon for one. It finally had to be replaced last month.

And the Hotdogger might basically do the same thing, ie cook. But IMO is not as good. It wears out faster due to it's lid design, I was lucky to get a year out of one. It does not seal as good as the MP and isn't as big. I've also been having better luck with getting things to crisp up in the MP.

Once you go MP you never go back. ;)

W

Wayniac

Nov 26, 2007
sunny Seattle
I break several muffpot bases a year, and I double clamp them.

I tried something new that seems to be working so far this season. I used a 1/4" die grinder and ground out the stress riser area where the bases always begin to crack. I rounded the edges of the 1/4" holes real smooth also, trying to eliminate any edges for the cracks to start. So far so good this season.

M
i use a cook pot that the handle clamps the lid down its maybe a little bigger than the muffpot i also use hose clamps and exhaust springs to hold it down been using same one for at least 3 years, can buy them at bob wards or sportsmenswarehouse for about 20 or 25 bucks

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Got my Hotdogger IV mounted today. Can't wait to start cooking. Only took a matter of minutes to install.

Image-CDA2E3140F4E11DE.jpg

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
This is the factory info:

Digi Factory Inc
2508 Wandering Ridge Dr.
Chino Hills CA. 91709
1-951-743-7000 1-909-902-5051
fax: 1-909-628-0569

THESE NUMBERS DO NOT WORK!!!

DOES ANYONE HAVE A LEGIT NUMBER OR KNOW WHO MANUFACTURES THE MUFF POT??? I need to get mine warrantied. 3rd one to break at the base support :mad:

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
My gear clamp vibrates loose also. I ordered a turbo type clamp (same ones on my intercooler for the F250), I'll put it on tomorrow. It has a lock nut so once I get it tightened it won't vibrate loose.

Premium Features