• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MPI snow check boost vs MPI boost

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Earlier today I spoke with MPI about there boost and the stock 8JP belt...I told them I didn't snow check a Viper however as the season progresses I might pick one up after I have a chance to ride one....I ask MPI if Yamaha would warranty the sled if I bought MPI boost. MPI stated that the kit would have to be a Yamaha boost kit for it to be warrantied....Seems kind of odd don't you think

DPG

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Earlier today I spoke with MPI about there boost and the stock 8JP belt...I told them I didn't snow check a Viper however as the season progresses I might pick one up after I have a chance to ride one....I ask MPI if Yamaha would warranty the sled if I bought MPI boost. MPI stated that the kit would have to be a Yamaha boost kit for it to be warrantied....Seems kind of odd don't you think

DPG

Why would Yamaha warranty something that Yamaha didn't sell?

Order the sled with the specific turbo kit made exclusively as an OEM product for the Yamaha Viper, and Yamaha will stand by the warranty.

Buy the aftermarket kit directly from MPI, and you have an MPI warranty.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
So if I buy a Chevy from the Chevy dealer and decide to take my truck to the GMC dealer because the GMC dealer is closer to my work place does that void my warranty ?

If MPI will provide me with an identical kit they provide Yamaha what's the difference ?

Remember we are in a world where customer service is paramount. Just because a bunch of liability attorneys far far away in tiny print are claiming a list of exclusions doesn't always make it right.

I'm not asking that Yamaha extend there warranty to the MPI...Just because I bought an identical MPI kit from MPI and not Yamaha shouldn't result in the warranty being void.

DPG

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Do the turbo kits come from the factory already installed ? I thought I read they do not... Regardless you better make sure the guy in the garage at your dealership is turbo knowledgable...Somehow I get the feeling many shops will be on a learning curve

DPG

Last edited:
S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
MPI turbo kits and Supercharge kits are easy to install. If you can read and follow instruction and you know your left hand from your right hand you can install one. With that said only a few people will touch my sled.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
My local dealer usually orders most of his with the turbo option and if he doesn't sell all of them with the sleds he ordered he can still sell them without a sled because they were cheap to buy. I would think if you decide mid year to pick up a sled then you should be able to buy one with the turbo so the warranty would still apply.

This is all assuming that when you say you will ride it and see if you like it that you are talking about someone else's Viper. If you already bought one without a turbo then nevermind, my comments do not apply.

I personally think it would be crazy not to pony up for the turbo.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Since when has a factory warranty ever been written to protected the end users. Warranties are written by corporate lawyers to limit the liability of said corporation. Raise your hand if you have ever heard a service writer say sorry but that was ruled to be not under warranty. My guess that yamaha wants the money for the turbo install going into their pockets verses some aftermarket company. Not to mention if there is any problems then yamaha can then blame their dealers for installing the system wrong again to limit their exposure even further of the corperation. Lawyers are all A holes until you need one then everyone wants the toughest meanest one on their side.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Seems like Yamaha printed something in the spring program about getting your sled preseasoned because the warranty/turbo option would be a spring only option?

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Interesting Language from Yamaha....The MPI Inc. turbo kit is designed only for operation above 6000 feet. Installation of the kit will not void your snowmobile warranty specific failure determined by Yamaha to have resulted from installation of kit components or others modifications may not be covered by the Yamaha limited warranty or the extended service coverage.

Does Yamaha own Mitsubishi or vise versa ?

DPG

Last edited:

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Boat Parts?

I only knew of them (Volvo) making cars, Over The Road Trucks (Semi) and Excavation equipment...

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Interesting Language from Yamaha....The MPI Inc. turbo kit is designed only for operation above 6000 feet. Installation of the kit will not void your snowmobile warranty specific failure determined by Yamaha to have resulted from installation of kit components or others modifications may not be covered by the Yamaha limited warranty or the extended service coverage.

Does Yamaha own Mitsubishi or vise versa ?

DPG

No, Mitsubishi is a very broad company, electronics, cutting tools, heavy equipment, etc.

The turbos come from their heavy industries line (MHI).
https://www.mhi-global.com/discover/graph/feature/no165.html

Premium Features