• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx Boost MODERATE DETONATION DETECTED

Squirreler

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Steady throttle cruising or to the bar stabs?

For mine was steady at around 30mph for a few seconds than to the bar shed flash the warning but from dead stop to full pin or any other sequence never happened oh well sled freaking rips in ethanol mode with non ethanol fuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
"The dealer said they put in premium." I'd take a new sled empty over a free tank from the dealer. I doubt they're having their best guy prepping new sleds, and it's not unlikely somebody either put in cheap gas, or they filled it from something on-hand that'd been sitting around a while. Up to you whether you want to go through the trouble of draining the tank, or add avgas or octane booster to the next fill. Of course, that may not be it, but my guess is this engine is going to be picky about fuel, so eliminating that culprit makes sense. These days, I'd also be giving a new sled a good look-over (like you would with a used sled) before riding it; not saying you're guaranteed to find something, but "they know what they're doing" isn't the best assumption...

Last edited:
T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
I too had the red banner across my screen a few times now. hard to read but that screen is the "moderate detonation detected" banner. I too will. be adding just a little Av gas to my tank to avoid this. CA gas does suck these days.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Yeah, I wouldn't trust CA gas straight up in any sled I cared about, and I'm guessing getting good gas involves either going to NV or running expensive racing fuel or avgas. I'm lucky: you can find eth-free premium at most stations here in MT. If all I could get was blended, I'd follow the advice given of running 2-3 gallons of avgas or racing fuel per tank. I'm sure you could find more discussion on dealing with blended gas in the turbo section. Most important: whatever you do, make sure you're not giving them ammo to deny a warranty claim (hopefully not likely). They shouldn't give you any hassle mixing in some high octane fuel, but they might if you run it in eth-free mode with even a little blended fuel in the tank.

Sierra G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2017
Steady throttle cruising or to the bar stabs?
The det warning only came when I pinned it a bit. I found 92 ethanol free and drained the gas that cal customs put in there. I haven’t seen the warning banner again yet.
But now I’m having intake problems with all the deep powder

Sierra G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2017
Yeah, I wouldn't trust CA gas straight up in any sled I cared about, and I'm guessing getting good gas involves either going to NV or running expensive racing fuel or avgas. I'm lucky: you can find eth-free premium at most stations here in MT. If all I could get was blended, I'd follow the advice given of running 2-3 gallons of avgas or racing fuel per tank. I'm sure you could find more discussion on dealing with blended gas in the turbo section. Most important: whatever you do, make sure you're not giving them ammo to deny a warranty claim (hopefully not likely). They shouldn't give you any hassle mixing in some high octane fuel, but they might if you run it in eth-free mode with even a little blended fuel in the tank.
I usually am able to bring ethanol free gas from my out of state trips to keep me going all winter long. And now I just found 92 eth free in California

Premium Features