• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lynx only delivery thread

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Xmas miracle! Picked it up on Friday here in western WY. Rode yesterday, and am beyond happy with what they have done with this sled. The rear suspension is night and day better than the outdated t-motion, and im glad i decided to try the lynx this year instead of another skidoo. They hit it out of the ballpark with this sled, and the turbo R engine is incredible. I'll be putting a clutch kit in to get more out of it, and aftermarket bumpers.. but otherwise not much needed for an incredible backcountry sled. Will try putting ds3 skis on from my gen 4 just to see the difference at some point as well. Sled is a 154 3", i sucked up the limiter 1 hole, loosened front track shock and increased the back shock... sled really puts the turbo fully towards the snow and is just a blast to ride in the steep and deep already.
e85760e0fd94795316e14747f88ffc28.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That's awesome. Hoping mine shows soon. Curious on your thoughts of how agile it is, with 15 wide, vs 16 wide, T motion and flex edge. I already know that suspension is the bomb. Mainly wondering if you thought it was as big a difference as I do?
Did your limiter come in 2?

Last edited:

mntnguide

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
Jackson, WY
That's awesome. Hoping mine shows soon. Curious on your thoughts of how agile it is, with 15 wide, vs 16 wide, T motion and flex edge. I already know that suspension is the bomb. Mainly wondering if you thought it was as big a difference as I do?
Did your limiter come in 2?

Yes definitely happy with the 15" wide track and notice significant difference. Crossing steep sidehill with old hard track... it held a perfect line easily, whereas i always felt the tmotion skid with flex edge struggle to hold an easy line without jumping up or down. Had multiple friends with skidoo turbos jump on my lynx and each one immediately noticed and enjoyed the difference in the skid. I will be riding with 3 gen 5 freeride turbos tomorrow and jump and forth a bit more to feel them out.. but honestly i don't want get off the lynx at all now! .. yes limiter came in position 2..i moved it up only 1. Lynx limiter is an entirely different adjustment than skidoo. Done via a bolt going through the actual skid, not on the strap itself, if you haven't seen it yet. Very easy to deal with

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Yes definitely happy with the 15" wide track and notice significant difference. Crossing steep sidehill with old hard track... it held a perfect line easily, whereas i always felt the tmotion skid with flex edge struggle to hold an easy line without jumping up or down. Had multiple friends with skidoo turbos jump on my lynx and each one immediately noticed and enjoyed the difference in the skid. I will be riding with 3 gen 5 freeride turbos tomorrow and jump and forth a bit more to feel them out.. but honestly i don't want get off the lynx at all now! .. yes limiter came in position 2..i moved it up only 1. Lynx limiter is an entirely different adjustment than skidoo. Done via a bolt going through the actual skid, not on the strap itself, if you haven't seen it yet. Very easy to deal with

Thoughts after you jumped back and forth between freeride and lynx.

mntnguide

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
Jackson, WY
Side by side.. definitely a noticeable difference in front end overall. Lynx sits higher, appears a little more bulky, but not by much. I really am enjoying the lynx and becoming more comfortable in it each ride knowing what it is going to do. We had 2 gen 5 freeride and 2 22' freeride turbos along with my lynx turbo today. . Overall I'm beyond happy with my choice going to the lynx. I truly prefer the 15" wide track and the rear skid overall. The freeride gen 5 is an awesome sled as well though and feels a bit narrower up front when riding..i didn't get a ton of time on theirs, as we were riding in the trees and i prefer to be on my sled when the chance of hitting something is much higher. ..I am not sold on the lynx skis yet, i felt like the big keel tended to grab a bit more in the snow conditions we had and sometimes threw me off my line when i needed to keep my speed, but it also wasn't that great of conditions so I'm not blaming them yet. I will definitely be trying my ds3 skis on there sometime soon to see how much difference the handling feels. Overall, you can't go wrong with either the freeride turbo or the lynx... but i have zero regrets about getting the lynx and my couple skidoo buddies are thinking they will head that way next year now as well after getting to ride the rear suspension.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Was going to play with 34 inch front end but i ordered the re and reservoirs won't clear. I assume it's still easier than the freeride with the 15 inch track. That is why i never liked a 16 wide track. Hence tmotion and flex edge.
I actually did think they looked a hair bulky up front when i looked at the ds at jackson last spring.
I was going to try the skis but was thinking of mohawks or possibly sly dogs. Never tried sly dogs before but keep hearing their great.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
If it makes anyone feel better, I checked a Doo Expert 154, small gauge, no turbo and it has a ship date in Feb. Sno checked it day 1.
I cancelled because I wanted to ride this winter. It’s not just a Lynx thing.
It sounds like the Lynx are starting to show up out west, awesome looking sled!!

mntnguide

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
Jackson, WY
If it makes anyone feel better, I checked a Doo Expert 154, small gauge, no turbo and it has a ship date in Feb. Sno checked it day 1.
I cancelled because I wanted to ride this winter. It’s not just a Lynx thing.
It sounds like the Lynx are starting to show up out west, awesome looking sled!!
Sorry to hear.. i did not expect my lynx for at least a month.. neither did my dealer, until they got a notice saying it was on a truck to be delivered within a few days. My dealer showed me their entire computer of snow checks through the brp database and all of the lynx showed delivery of up to 4 weeks... including mine. They were just as surprised as i was that it showed up this early... you would think, if Amazon can give you a tracking # to a $1 item...Brp could give us one on a 22k sled. Pretty crazy that even dealers aren't being updated on deliveries until last second.

D
Dec 22, 2018
Picked mine up last Friday as well and promptly proceeded to blow almost a full tank of gas on a blower pow day with it :D

Do not use rear linq brackets without rear bumper. Tunnel may fail, seen many already. I would highly recommend installing a rear bumper just for the reinforcement.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Do not use rear linq brackets without rear bumper. Tunnel may fail, seen many already. I would highly recommend installing a rear bumper just for the reinforcement.

If it fails that’s going to become a warranty issue Lynx can address then. Nobody has bumpers out for the 4100s yet either so I can’t even buy one right now.

mntnguide

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
Jackson, WY
How have you seen many fail, when people have just begun receiving them? I have been riding my 3900 turbo since dec 23... with a tunnel bag and fuel on back, and have zero issues with the tunnel... that being said, i ordered the backwoods bmp rear they finally came out with, as I do think it's ridiculous a mountain sled was created without a rear bumper

D
Dec 22, 2018
How have you seen many fail, when people have just begun receiving them? I have been riding my 3900 turbo since dec 23... with a tunnel bag and fuel on back, and have zero issues with the tunnel... that being said, i ordered the backwoods bmp rear they finally came out with, as I do think it's ridiculous a mountain sled was created without a rear bumper

Here in Scandinavia sleds have been in already for a month. My friend bent his tunnel on first days. And seen many others too.

Premium Features