• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

considering a skidoo/lynx

I
Feb 20, 2023
USA
Im a BRP dealer i Norway who have sold Lynx for over 20 years now but i have been riding Ski Doo the last few years because they have been easier for me to ride( not as young and fit as i used to be) but this year i have 3900 DS Turbo R and a 154 Expert Turbo R im riding and the Expert was still easier to ride so i have made some changes to make it more to my liking. I put on a 34 inch front end from a Swedish company called woodpecker And a pair of pilot Ds 3 skis sentered on the spindle with durapro rubbers. The first ride i was not satisfied because it felt heavy on the skis(the new frontend also raised the front)so i let the limiter strap all the way out( just one hole from where it was and backed off the preload on the rear shock spring.
Now it felt like i got power steering, i took it out for a full day of riding today where the conditions is setup snow with maybe 10 inches of fresh on top and i freaking love this sled now. It rolls over on its side effortlessly and holds a sidehill better then any other sled i have had from BRP. I rode it back to back with the Expert( One that have a T- motion rear arm in it and one stock) and it lays over a lot easier compared to both and is more predictable sidehilling. The DS 3 still is a little twitchy crossing old hard tracks but i can live with that to get the light steering these skis have.
Im not saying this setup is for everyone but it made a sled that was hard for me to ride into one of the easiest to ride sleds i have ever had.
Hi, how many full rounds less of preload yo do on RTS?

Premium Features