• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

considering a skidoo/lynx

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
^^^^some times they do. Always a good idea to stop in to your dealer of choice and see what they have upcoming. Or see if they have a current year demo model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
Rode my Lynx with the slydog skis. First set of aftermarket skis I have owned. I never would have guessed skis would make a sled handle so much better. The Slydog made the sled handle better in every situation. I rode a turbo expert also same day. I will take the lynx over the ski doo all day. The suspension just works better. Down hill side hills when hitting tracks the expert would collapse into the hill then spring back. My freeride does the same thing and it drives me crazy. My Polaris does not do that and the lynx does not do it. Now the Lynx does not jerk the ski and handlebar when going through other tracks. so much better. The expert is smoother on the trail up to a certain speed then the lynx is better. First 23 turbo doo I have been on. That motor is amazing. Kinda makes me want to by a shredder DS turbo now.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I see Lynx wants full retail to add Fox shocks. What do they have for stock shocks? I sure wouldn’t buy that upgraded from them.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I see Lynx wants full retail to add Fox shocks. What do they have for stock shocks? I sure wouldn’t buy that upgraded from them.
Kyb. I don't know why you would have to upgrade. It cant be to save weight or you shouldn't have bought a lynx to start with. I have the re shredder and my bet is the shocks are fine for 99%. Thought bergmark says he runs them stock until spring.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Kyb. I don't know why you would have to upgrade. It cant be to save weight or you shouldn't have bought a lynx to start with. I have the re shredder and my bet is the shocks are fine for 99%. Thought bergmark says he runs them stock until spring.
I would be looking at a DS model. I see the 2024 DS is going with the 34” front end!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I would be looking at a DS model. I see the 2024 DS is going with the 34” front end!
If you get it throw the stock skis in the dumpster and put slydogs on it. Actually told my buddy to order me one of those. Told him i wasn't ordering the guage this time. I'll put the trail tech on. That ds with 34 will be fun. Mine rides lighter than 9r in deep snow with 36. Also thought about a freeride and put a 34 on it. Would have to work out front shocks. Freeride is 18 pounds lighter.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
keep the thoughts and comparisions coming. One day I think I'll try an expert and the next the lynx. The good thing the snow is amazing again. Bad thing is I am on a sunny vacation!!

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
If you get it throw the stock skis in the dumpster and put slydogs on it. Actually told my buddy to order me one of those. Told him i wasn't ordering the guage this time. I'll put the trail tech on. That ds with 34 will be fun. Mine rides lighter than 9r in deep snow with 36. Also thought about a freeride and put a 34 on it. Would have to work out front shocks. Freeride is 18 pounds lighter.

Aren’t guys cutting down the stock Lynx skis to make them work better? 1/2” of either side would try that before buying new skis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
East Coast guy will be snow checking a 154 Freeride NA Are guys ordering these with the 3" tracks? Last ski doo was a 2017 have been riding polaris ever since. Did I read someplace that the 3" tracks were trenching more?

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Where do you find the weights for all the sleds? I have been debating between a Summit X and the DS. After seeing the DS has the 34 front end I have been leaning that way to try the suspension. Will probably need different skis either way, because I haven’t heard anything good about the new Doo skis. I already put trail tech on my current Doo.

Twistgrip

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2012
Where do you find the weights for all the sleds? I have been debating between a Summit X and the DS. After seeing the DS has the 34 front end I have been leaning that way to try the suspension. Will probably need different skis either way, because I haven’t heard anything good about the new Doo skis. I already put trail tech on my current Doo.
The Summit X is a 34 front end to.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT

Where and how did you mount trail tech? Did you install a battery? Come to big timber for poker run and you can ride mine all you want. Its Saturday morning

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I will be heading to White Fish area for the weekend. Maybe another time.
looking up weights I get a 28 lbs more for the DS over the X on same length track.
I ordered mine off eBay and it came with a large hose cramp that went through the riser and it holds in place a ram mount. I have a small rechargeable 12 battery on order so I will be able to leave it on throughout the day. This is a pic of my sled with the trail tech mounted.7EEB7A09-3000-4109-A3C7-88C876D99497.jpeg

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I just don’t see where 28 lbs is gained by the Lynx Over the Summit X. Hard to believe that the suspension weighs that much more!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I just don’t see where 28 lbs is gained by the Lynx Over the Summit X. Hard to believe that the suspension weighs that much more!
Lynx suspension and shocks are heavier. There's 2 rivets in running board kick up where it bolts to tunnel. 2 screws in clutch intake. 3 headlights. Minimal rail cutouts. Full width ski rubbers. Tunnel bracing even though no bumper. Heavier axle wheels. Probably heavier stuff in chaincase. I have yet to tighten chain. I bet their track is heavier. They are different than doo track. Skis are huge and deep. They are lighter than they look.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Lynx suspension and shocks are heavier. There's 2 rivets in running board kick up where it bolts to tunnel. 2 screws in clutch intake. 3 headlights. Minimal rail cutouts. Full width ski rubbers. Tunnel bracing even though no bumper. Heavier axle wheels. Probably heavier stuff in chaincase. I have yet to tighten chain. I bet their track is heavier. They are different than doo track. Skis are huge and deep. They are lighter than they look.
The Freeride is in the middle with 11 lbs over the X.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
The Freeride is in the middle with 11 lbs over the X.
I was going to get a ds because I love the suspension and it trenches bad. Figured i could tighten limit strap with 34 and still be easy. Plus its about 25 pounds lighter than my re with big guage. Not getting that again. Then get rid of high engagement. That was old school way of getting rid of turbo lag.
Changed my mind and getting a freeride.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I was going to get a ds because I love the suspension and it trenches bad. Figured i could tighten limit strap with 34 and still be easy. Plus its about 25 pounds lighter than my re with big guage. Not getting that again. Then get rid of high engagement. That was old school way of getting rid of turbo lag.
Changed my mind and getting a freeride.
I’m still undecided. I wouldn’t need a heavier sled that trenches. Lol
I probably should just get the Summit X and take the savings and spend them on shock upgrades.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
Still can't decide which one to purchase. I am waiting for polaris snowcheck options tomorrow. I am assuming no changes except a different track, ice scrathers and a few other refinements from polaris.

My 22 boost 155 khaos has been my favorite sled, but super frustrated with late snowcheck delivery and Polaris seems to have more problems with the 23 polaris than the 22. I thought they would have ironed some things out. My 22 was great, but I just sold it as my 23 snowcheck finally arrived. Now I am not sure if I am going to pick up my 23 snowcheck with the $1500 off ($750 from Polaris and $750 from the dealer) and warranty till January 2026, snowcheck a 24 polaris or snowcheck a 24 doo.

I am trying to decipher the 24 doos and best options for me. If I go skidoo route I am thinking of ordering a turbo summit x. It sounds like if I don't like the t motion I can delete for $200, the ds 3 ski seems to be a bit more liked. My thinking is if I don't like the flex edge track, I can cut it down 1" or put an another 15" track. I am planning to get small screen and spend the money on the trail tech voyager as I have loved that feature on the polaris. I thought about the freeride as I would like a 15" track, but I want the 34 front end and would be $ to switch it out. The Lynx option seems to be heavier, a tendancy to trench more and costs more with less availibilty of aftermarket parts and slower on delivery than skidoo.

Thanks for your thoughts on the different sleds. So awesome that these sleds are so freaking good. Any other thoughts on the skidoo and lynx vs polaris are welcome.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Still can't decide which one to purchase. I am waiting for polaris snowcheck options tomorrow. I am assuming no changes except a different track, ice scrathers and a few other refinements from polaris.

My 22 boost 155 khaos has been my favorite sled, but super frustrated with late snowcheck delivery and Polaris seems to have more problems with the 23 polaris than the 22. I thought they would have ironed some things out. My 22 was great, but I just sold it as my 23 snowcheck finally arrived. Now I am not sure if I am going to pick up my 23 snowcheck with the $1500 off ($750 from Polaris and $750 from the dealer) and warranty till January 2026, snowcheck a 24 polaris or snowcheck a 24 doo.

I am trying to decipher the 24 doos and best options for me. If I go skidoo route I am thinking of ordering a turbo summit x. It sounds like if I don't like the t motion I can delete for $200, the ds 3 ski seems to be a bit more liked. My thinking is if I don't like the flex edge track, I can cut it down 1" or put an another 15" track. I am planning to get small screen and spend the money on the trail tech voyager as I have loved that feature on the polaris. I thought about the freeride as I would like a 15" track, but I want the 34 front end and would be $ to switch it out. The Lynx option seems to be heavier, a tendancy to trench more and costs more with less availibilty of aftermarket parts and slower on delivery than skidoo.

Thanks for your thoughts on the different sleds. So awesome that these sleds are so freaking good. Any other thoughts on the skidoo and lynx vs polaris are welcome.
I actually don't think you could go wrong with either of the 3. If polaris comes with a 3.5p 3 1/4 and reversible ice scratchers , like I've heard, then that's a pretty nice addition to a kaos boost. The doos are also awesome. Just never liked their skis or spindle. My lynx has been awesome. Don't notice the weight riding it but it does trench if you ride it slow. My favorite sled was my 22 kaos boost but in a lot of ways my lynx is more fun. Even on the trail in and out it is fun. I just laugh when everyone whines how sore they are. Kaos for the win in the trees vs lynx. I wouldn't say that is true with the doo. That would come down to rider and the doo motor is better. I ordered the 154 ds turbo. Currently on an re.

Premium Features