• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Engine code P06B1

Gremon

Lifetime Membership
Apr 29, 2011
Colorado
Hey riders, quick question about this engine code.
23 Turbo R 165 is at the dealer for warranty because the sled will only idle and does not power up enough to engage the clutch. Check engine light is on.
Code is P06B1.
Everything before the ECM tests normal but after the the ECM is only putting out 1.5 volts and should be 5 volts.
The dealer ordered the new ECM and installed it only to immediately get the same code and same low voltage. The dealer sent the info to BRP and 24 hours later is still waiting for information on how to proceed.
Have any of you run into this on a Gen 5?
Saw a thread on Facebook Turbo group that the stator may be an issue. The guy says it’s pretty common on the 23s but I haven’t heard that before.
Saw another thread here on SW “Check Engine code P06B0” where a guy found corrosion in the connectors of his speed sensor on his 2018. Sounds like he may have corrected his issue.
I lost riding last weekend and want to ride this weekend so any experience would be appreciated. Seems like the dealer can’t do anything without BRP giving the nod so I may have to help figure this out myself if I want to ride anytime soon.
I will be sure to post my findings when this gets figured out in case someone else has to deal with this code down the road.
Thanks in advance!

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
32ff2e9b062b502ed5cec7b9a9d5783b.jpg

Had these codes on my 24. Less than 200km was told MAP sensor not sure if I totally believe that. MAP sensor on order will be here on the 3rd. The high voltage makes me believe the voltage regulator (ecm) is gone or being troublesome at the least. Tried an exhaust temp sensor and it didn’t clear the high voltage code. Would run fine with no engine light on. Soon as engine light came on ran like crap flubby and rough. Still make boost but not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G
Feb 9, 2014
Shuswap
I had a Yamaha years ago that had cam sensor go bad. Spent hours and hours diagnosing. Everything pointed to bad ECU. Turns out the sensor had shorted internally and was pulling the voltage down on the 5 volt loop. G5's have a roughly similar setup. Depending on how they did the voltage measurement, this could be a possibility. Long shot, but throwing it out there.

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
I had a Yamaha years ago that had cam sensor go bad. Spent hours and hours diagnosing. Everything pointed to bad ECU. Turns out the sensor had shorted internally and was pulling the voltage down on the 5 volt loop. G5's have a roughly similar setup. Depending on how they did the voltage measurement, this could be a possibility. Long shot, but throwing it out there.

Yeah definitely a possibility

Gremon

Lifetime Membership
Apr 29, 2011
Colorado
Thanks for the responses.
I finally got my sled back 4 1/2 weeks later over a bad Throttle Position Sensor. Seems that when they disconnected the TPS the voltage went back to normal On the ECM. Now that it’s replaced, the sled seems to run fine.
I don’t know if I just have a lame dealer or if BRP has all of them so locked down on warranty work they can’t wipe their butts without permission. The dealer waited over a week to get a response from BRP on how to proceed. Very frustrating on such a short season.
I don’t think I will ever purchase extended warranty again. BRP just takes way too long to get things done. Perhaps a third party warranty would give the dealer the ability to diagnose and fix the issue without such constraints. Who knows?
Hopefully it’s all behind me with this sled.
THANKS AGAIN!

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
Thanks for the responses.
I finally got my sled back 4 1/2 weeks later over a bad Throttle Position Sensor. Seems that when they disconnected the TPS the voltage went back to normal On the ECM. Now that it’s replaced, the sled seems to run fine.
I don’t know if I just have a lame dealer or if BRP has all of them so locked down on warranty work they can’t wipe their butts without permission. The dealer waited over a week to get a response from BRP on how to proceed. Very frustrating on such a short season.
I don’t think I will ever purchase extended warranty again. BRP just takes way too long to get things done. Perhaps a third party warranty would give the dealer the ability to diagnose and fix the issue without such constraints. Who knows?
Hopefully it’s all behind me with this sled.
THANKS AGAIN!

Good to hear. Mine was also fixed with a bad MAP sensor. Probably a combination of both lousy dealer and BRP warranty. My dealer didn’t even get the plastics back on my sled right dosent create a lot of confidence in their troubleshooting skills

Premium Features