• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lynx only delivery thread

PaddleTracker

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wanted to start a Lynx specific thread on deliveries as there is almost zero info out there. I ordered a shredder ds. No expected delivery as of today. Someone should tell BRP snowmobiles are seasonal.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I am not a lynx owner, but I do know of a fella who was told his shredder would not arrive till end of Feb or March. He picked up a G5 the other day.

rockinmranch

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Also told January 31st. Shredder DS 165. Doesn't it figure, looking like its gonna be a great winter here in Alpine, Wy. Already sold my previous sled. Seems like Lynx coat tailed the BRP reputation to sell sleds. Same booth as Ski Doo at the hill climbs, Yes, I knew they were made in Finland, but I kinda figured the distance from the states was a detail they had worked out before they started selling snowchecks along side of Ski Doo. Had I known, I would likely already have my first rides on a summit. I would not have ordered a sled with a February delivery. For what we are paying it would seem reasonable that BRP would give some sort of discount on the sled upon delivery considering more than half of the season will already be over with and the value already rapidly depreciated considering the new sleds will be coming out a month later. This sucks!! Any news posted to this thread would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to everyone enduring the wait, including the Polaris guys.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
no two ways about it, the situation sucks. from what i've gathered from various forums it's a shipping situation across the ocean. not doo or lynx's fault and there's not much they can do about that. the world is not what it was.

PaddleTracker

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I disagree. This is Lynx's fault. They had nine months (preorder) and the last three years supply chain issues. They pushed early order to ensure delivery and they haven't delivered.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
i understand what you're saying but imo, this demonstrates exactly how screwed up the situation still is with logistics. how can lynx control what happens to ships at sea or all their unions, or the truckers, etc? lets assume they had all the parts on time needed and built all of the sleds, if the ship hasn't arrived/been unloaded yet what is lynx supposed to do about it?

rockinmranch

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regardless of who's fault. How does this work out financially? No contract was signed between the dealer and me, just 500 run on a card. I. would live with a late December but not Feb 1st or later. Should I get my 500 back to take to another dealer that can deliver on what they promised. Yes, I know this is not the dealers fault, but they are partners and represent the manufacturer. Unfortunately the dealer never brings up the possibility of a delivery this late while trying to sell a sled. Might be something that needs to be in writing for future snow checks. Feel like a fool to think that this wouldn't happen in todays world.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
I think it’s time to quit passing off there shortcomings of on Covid and I mean every one has used this for a crotch for too long .
if covid and the world's disastrous response to it aren't the cause then what is? every industry is dealing with this. it's not some conspiracy to piss off sledders.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
That, and the fact that everything comes from somewhere else. So, a $2 part coming from far away can hold up an $18,000 sled.

Like the Lynx Sled itself. To much logistics for a foreign built sled, for on time delivery, my uncle and I were talking about this two weeks ago. He has a lynx waiting on a dess kit.
I surprised and grateful that doo got the majority of their sleds out ontime and compete.

E
Dec 15, 2015
Hayden, Idaho
No recent delivery update on the Lynx site either. Last update was Oct 14th. The Ski-Doo site was updated Nov 22nd. I can’t imagine the lack of a update around the same time means anything positive.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Like the Lynx Sled itself. To much logistics for a foreign built sled, for on time delivery, my uncle and I were talking about this two weeks ago. He has a lynx waiting on a dess kit.
I surprised and grateful that doo got the majority of their sleds out ontime and compete.
So his lynx is at least at the dealer?

mntnguide

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
Jackson, WY
Xmas miracle! Picked it up on Friday here in western WY. Rode yesterday, and am beyond happy with what they have done with this sled. The rear suspension is night and day better than the outdated t-motion, and im glad i decided to try the lynx this year instead of another skidoo. They hit it out of the ballpark with this sled, and the turbo R engine is incredible. I'll be putting a clutch kit in to get more out of it, and aftermarket bumpers.. but otherwise not much needed for an incredible backcountry sled. Will try putting ds3 skis on from my gen 4 just to see the difference at some point as well. Sled is a 154 3", i sucked up the limiter 1 hole, loosened front track shock and increased the back shock... sled really puts the turbo fully towards the snow and is just a blast to ride in the steep and deep already.
e85760e0fd94795316e14747f88ffc28.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Premium Features