• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowcheck question

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Curious on this.

If you wait till the last day of snowcheck or close to it, will you not be able to order?

It seems to me the whole point of a pre-order is to pre-order.

I notice Cat and Polaris sell out of snowchecks before the snowcheck end date. Which makes zero sense to me. Does Ski Do/Lynx do this too? ( I already ordered mine)

I think ski doo/lynx had limited amount of the big gauges on snow checks last year but other than that could someone try to pre order during snowcheck time but not be able to?

Isn't the whole point of snowchecking to order what you want instead of buying a random one off the floor?

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
I waited last year till last minute. Phoned one dealership and was told they were sold out. Tried another dealership and was able to get the sled I wanted. I believe each dealership is allotted so many models.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Wow that seems so weird to me. its a pre-order that you pay for up front. ( at least partially )

Are a bunch of people pre-ordering and not paying? I'm having a hard time understanding how they could run out of pre-orders when the whole point is for someone to order and give some money up front.

Maybe they need to start charging more up front?

I can understand them having an allotment of in season sleds. but pre-orders? huh? I don't get it.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Pretty simple, they can only build x number of sleds. Gone is the day of build as many as are ordered. Certain models with certain build configurations sell out very quick. Dealers are limited on what they get as well.

Cat sold out in a few hours this year for their new chassis, would be interested to know that number.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Pretty simple, they can only build x number of sleds. Gone is the day of build as many as are ordered. Certain models with certain build configurations sell out very quick. Dealers are limited on what they get as well.

Cat sold out in a few hours this year for their new chassis, would be interested to know that number.
My dealer told me the catalyst sold out in 9 minutes. Obviously some could get some after that because the dealer had allotments that people ordering didn't go against.

Premium Features