• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Longterm REVIEW and INSTALL: Trailtech Voyager Pro GPS w/ BUDDY TRACKING

trees happen

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2008
Anywhere there's snow
Picked up some supplies. I’m planning on keeping my 22 turbo for a second sled, and waiting on my 24 turbo to come in. I’m adding a battery that will handle leaving it on for the day. I want to be able to move it from sled to sled, so will be looking to pick up another install kit.View attachment 409066View attachment 409067
I was thinking the same thing, but move it to the Bike in summer.

trees happen

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2008
Anywhere there's snow
I hav

I have NOT yet opened up the front end of the sled to see just how they did the electrical install.
They did not add a battery though.
Almost 100% certain its drawing live power only. Will need to wait for a little snow to play with it a bit and see how it behaves with a real charge.
If you've got SHOT, I wonder if it can run off the capacitor?

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Has anyone tried a 12v external battery pack? The small ones are the size of a cell phone and could possibly plug into the accessory USB port in the glove box full time. The pack would charge while the sled is running and feed back power through the same port to the Voyager Pro when the sled is off.
No but I made an adapter and wired a 3S lipo battery for my RC cars to mine which is 12.6 fully charged and ( 4.2 volts per cell x3 ). Had a lipo buzzer on it and sitting next to me while I worked so I didn't kill my lipo.

It took 8+ hours and 2 lipo's to charge the trail tech up from when I bought it. now that its fully charged and I have used it a couple times to where it charges when my sled runs. its totally fine. I don't see any reason for any other nonsense. I stopped a bunch of times the other day and it really didn't loose any charge.

I'm thinking peoples issue are that it comes dead, deader than dead like dead dead dead. and it takes FOREVER to charge. so if you buy it and hook it to sled and turn sled off it will die pretty much instantly.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
No but I made an adapter and wired a 3S lipo battery for my RC cars to mine which is 12.6 fully charged and ( 4.2 volts per cell x3 ). Had a lipo buzzer on it and sitting next to me while I worked so I didn't kill my lipo.

It took 8+ hours and 2 lipo's to charge the trail tech up from when I bought it. now that its fully charged and I have used it a couple times to where it charges when my sled runs. its totally fine. I don't see any reason for any other nonsense. I stopped a bunch of times the other day and it really didn't loose any charge.

I'm thinking peoples issue are that it comes dead, deader than dead like dead dead dead. and it takes FOREVER to charge. so if you buy it and hook it to sled and turn sled off it will die pretty much instantly.
We fully charged ours and the charging from the sleds was not enough and 1/2 way through the day they were dead. Stopping too much? Maybe, but I want to be able to.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
No, the battery in the TrailTech. Or are you asking if the battery might be shot? Nothing to do with Shot starter capacitor.
Add a small lithium battery that can be charged at 14.5 volts and wire it in. Here is a link for reference.

Premium Features