• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

installing 7s screen on Matryx RMK

T

tahoe900

Aug 12, 2011
Truckee, CA
I purchased my new 22' RMK PRO Matryx Slash without the 7s Screen like an idiot ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Here is a YouTube Video i made showing the install, super easy!

Special Thanks to my Dealership for getting me this screen during these crazy times! Gott Powersports in Quincy, CA

YouTube-

Video Link

7s Touch Screen - PN: 2884971 7s Screen From Polaris Website

7s Screen install Kit - PN: 2884972 7s Touch Display Install Kit

I am still waiting for the 12v power up wire harness & the battery to arrive from polaris, so in the meantime the screen will only work while the machine is running.

Notes about this conversion:
  • The screen will only have power when the sled is running on the NON 7s model snow machines (unless you add the 7s power up battery)
  • Without the battery the GPS signal is disconnected every time you shut off the machine, so after start up it takes a few minutes to reacquire signals
  • Without the battery you will not be able to save your tracked routes, they seem to erase after you shut off the machine for more than 2 minutes
  • Engine hours showed up on the new screen, but mileage did not. My dealer was able to adjust that for me to reflect actual mileage

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I thought I ordered everything I need but looks like the 12V power and harness I do not have.

Just looked on Polaris and didn’t notice a part number for that.

Is it separate or did I not get everything?

***I now see there’s 1 more harness to get, plus a little battery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Glad I saw this, I just saw that CV customs has a kid to get this all resolved and I was going to order it up.

Do you guys know did your non-7S, non-electric start sled have the bracket for this anti-gravity battery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Here is what I ordered.

bcd9fdc822f2d0d845f83cbbed9214b5.jpg

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Glad I saw this, I just saw that CV customs has a kid to get this all resolved and I was going to order it up.

Do you guys know did your non-7S, non-electric start sled have the bracket for this anti-gravity battery?

I was just seeing the same.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Here is what I ordered.

bcd9fdc822f2d0d845f83cbbed9214b5.jpg

Did you have the option to have it mailed super fast?

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Cool, nah. My sled of course is supposed to ship between 2/16-2/28 and as of today is hasn’t but Polaris said it is in that group Whatever that’s supposed to mean

T

tahoe900

Aug 12, 2011
Truckee, CA

no bracket, just the plug right there for the power up kit

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
Did you have the option to have it mailed super fast?

I try to use UPS ground for all my shipments due to the battery in the kit. Air mail really isn’t an option. All orders typically ship out the next day when products are in stock and these power up kits will be in stock tomorrow! Just heading back from some throttle therapy today.

T

tahoe900

Aug 12, 2011
Truckee, CA
I try to use UPS ground for all my shipments due to the battery in the kit. Air mail really isn’t an option. All orders typically ship out the next day when products are in stock and these power up kits will be in stock tomorrow! Just heading back from some throttle therapy today.
@cvcustoms Just ordered my kit from you this morning, glad someone posted this up here. Much better than the polaris design (y)

D

DuncanSteel

Banned
Nov 8, 2022
Alaska
Probably a lot easier and cheaper to use the Trail Tech Voyager
I'm going to see if I can design and 3D print a bezel for these to replace the PIDD, from what I read it has everything concerning you need as far as immediate monitoring, me personally only thing I look at is my fuel and temp. With all the room In the glove box I think I can build it so you could put the Trail Tech on the outside and then if you needed to look at something more important open the glovebox and your PIDD leans up so you can interact with it, if that makes sense. I have a bit of time on my hands right now so Ill see what I can come up with.

Premium Features