• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

installing 7s screen on Matryx RMK

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i have one on warranty order. hopefully it shows sooner than april

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
what all is necessary to add a 7s to an e-start standard gauge sled?

housing
gauge
install kit
gps antenna
v2v antenna
v2v harnes

but what about the wiring harness coming off the battery? does anything need to be changed there?

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
My ‘23 snowcheck was an in season allocation. The Polaris rep moved it to snowcheck so I could order it but said it had to be ordered as spec’d accessories or changes had to be just ordered through the dealer and dealer installed. Then within the hour they made the 7s not available for accessory order. Been waiting all summer, just called Polaris about it and they said it’s now pushed back to December.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
They are available for priority warranty replacement.

“Not available” for purchase as accessory.

Not really available for damage replacement.

any insight on how to make this happen quicker? mine is under "vehicle down" priority. it has been 10 days now

...Been waiting all summer, just called Polaris about it and they said it’s now pushed back to December.
I am guessing this was last year?

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
any insight on how to make this happen quicker? mine is under "vehicle down" priority. it has been 10 days now

I
I don’t know.

Maybe I got the last one ??‍♂️

You should still be riding though.

No gauge needed.

Last edited:

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
asking this again, does anyone know? thanks

housing
gauge
install kit
gps antenna
v2v antenna
v2v harnes

but what about the wiring harness coming off the battery? does anything need to be changed there?

Rob.G

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 10, 2023
Mobile
I'm with kylant... I have one coming this week to install on an electric-start sled. I got the unit and the install kit. What else do I need?

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
I'm with kylant... I have one coming this week to install on an electric-start sled. I got the unit and the install kit. What else do I need?
after doing more research, it looks like the install kit comes with required hood harness 🤷🏻‍♂️

Rob.G

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 10, 2023
Mobile
I just got mine yesterday. The install kit does NOT include that $109 cable to connect to the battery... which is pretty lame if you ask me.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Since it’s already an e start, I don’t think you will need anything else.
Mine did not have e start. It only worked when the sled started. I had to then buy the harness that goes to the battery, and a battery. I did the anti gravity and mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob.G

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 10, 2023
Mobile
Interesting. Good point too. Well, I ordered the harness.... maybe I should cancel the order and install it first and see.

K
Feb 15, 2023
Colorado
asking this again, does anyone know? thanks

housing
gauge
install kit
gps antenna
v2v antenna
v2v harnes

I just bought 7s kits for both my sleds. All you "need" is the display itself and the install kit. Both of which the dealer can source. 1 of mine was on backordered but that backorder lasted all of 2 weeks. If you want the battery kit that's extra and allows you to run it while the engine is off (unless you already have an E start).

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Premium Features