• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Island Park Riding Conditions 2017/18

M

millnoff

Dec 5, 2007
Thanks for the info guys. Keep us posted on these next few storms. I'll be there from the 19th-28th with a good sized crew.

Last edited:
B
Dec 3, 2001
No. Utah
It was awful thin this weekend. We were able to spend one day boondocking in some decent snow towards the very top of Bishop Mtn. There were very few riders out, I saw almost as many Fat Bikes for the race as I did sleds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
21b37cd8bc48de382b2dac862ded523a.jpg

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
It was awful thin this weekend. We were able to spend one day boondocking in some decent snow towards the very top of Bishop Mtn. There were very few riders out, I saw almost as many Fat Bikes for the race as I did sleds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, Bishop Mtn... gutsy call. Been wanting to go up there, but the eastern facing slopes, at least, looks like dirt from the road...

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
With the trip to Cooke City, and other projects, I haven't been as diligent in keeping up with this thread as i had hoped.
We picked up about 16" of snow last week. Real heavy stuff, the kind that'll plug up a snowblower real quick. Rode about 50 miles on each side of the HWY, did Sawtelle/Jefferson on Sunday, and Black Canyon on Monday. Spring like riding conditions, both sides were pretty tracked up already, but we always manage to have a good time and get in a couple of good stucks...
The genius' at NWS are calling for some decent snow toward the end of the week... we'll see

IMG_0381.jpg IMG_0380.jpg IMG_0377.jpg

M

millnoff

Dec 5, 2007
Thanks for updates. We leave MN tonight for ip. Think snow!

Oh and p.s. SKOL!

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Picked up about 10" at the parking lots Thursday night and Friday. Snow started out wet N heavy, changed to a light powder overnight. A little bit of wind, yesterday, but not too bad, probably dont need to tell anyone about the Avy danger up high. Another foot or so and we'll be back to somewhat normal up here, forecast looks promising for the upcoming week... :eyebrows:

IMG_0388.jpg

Premium Features