• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Island Park Riding Conditions 2017/18

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Black Bear (347)
Montana SNOTEL Site - 8170 ft

plot

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
yeah, that gauge is out of wack... on the 27th it showed 1.1 water equivalent which should have been about 14" + but the snow total read one inch. All the gauges up here are a bit screwy right now, but what I can tell ya is it's flipp'n deep up here, great for us, not so much for the Moose.. there heading for the roads. Dodged one the other day on Big Springs Loop and caused me to total my XM.. cow and calf 1-wwacer 0

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Detailed Forecast

This Afternoon
Snow. Steady temperature around 22. South southwest wind around 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Tonight
Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. South southwest wind 5 to 14 mph becoming east southeast after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Saturday
A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming south southwest in the afternoon. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday Night
A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11. Wind chill values as low as -1. South wind around 6 mph becoming north northeast in the evening. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Sunday
Snow likely, mainly before 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. West northwest wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Well we picked up about another foot yesterday, got pretty windy. Currently about 20 degrees, and light to moderate snow, we're socked in up high.Honestly though there's so much snow here, you could unload at Sheep Falls and probably have an epic ride. I've run out of room to put the snow, I'll probably have to start piling it up in front of my gauge if it keeps up.. we should all have this problem eh? :face-icon-small-ton

IMG_0469.jpg IMG_0468.jpg

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
heck ya, took on Coffee Creek yesterday, it was an epic mile or so before she swallowed my sled whole :face-icon-small-con... best ride ever, even if I did have to come a long her out.

IMG_0472.jpg IMG_0475.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Spent the day yesterday running all over island Park with a group of visiting canadians.

While all the snow in the open accessible areas is pretty well beat down, I was SURPRISED by how much GOOD SNOW we found once we started pushing deeper into the trees and further away from any of the access trails.

Had 6 good hours of riding yesterday!
Will head back up on Saturday for a 2nd round.:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Spring Sledding conditions in Island Park this weekend.
Snow was still pretty good, especially in the trees.
40 Degree temps
Clear blue sky
Not a hint of wind

What a day...

And now there is hope of some fresh this coming weekend..

me.jpg

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
This will be my last update. No more POW in IP. Started raining around 11AM and was still coming down around 10PM. Picked up about 3 inches of super wet snow this morning. Conditions are pretty rough, lost a lot of snow, and what's left is the rotten belt eating variety, side roads are difficult to travel on... Pretty kooky winter overall...

IMG_0528.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This will be my last update. No more POW in IP. Started raining around 11AM and was still coming down around 10PM. Picked up about 3 inches of super wet snow this morning. Conditions are pretty rough, lost a lot of snow, and what's left is the rotten belt eating variety, side roads are difficult to travel on... Pretty kooky winter overall...

DAMN RAIN.

I hate it when this happens.

Black Bear..
plot

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Thanks for all the reports this year wwracer members like you are what keeps this forum running.

Premium Features