• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Exciting Day for Sled Solutions...New Product Release!

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Very nice bag but I would still have to see a picture of one mounted, or at the very least sitting on a REV with the larger tail light/ rack with the shovel handle in place before I would spend the money to buy one.:rolleyes:

I'd hate to get it shipped to me only to find out it won't work right with my sled.

I completely understand that. I will be posting pictures of models installed or mocked up as I have the chance to do so. I've hit all the sleds that my buddies own. No Rev's in our crew.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Nice! Not sure that having the shovel mounted to the sled is such a good idea the shovel should be with the rider.

Out west, yes you should have the shovel in your backpack, but like Paul said, having one on the sled is a good dea also.

But, hell, it is a great bag even if you don't put the shovel in the bag.:beer;

MOWER800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Layton Utah
nice bag

I wonder if you could put the same shovel handle mount on the other side for the snowbungy for quick access

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Love the bag but it does not look like it would work with a full length tunnel rack? If shovel holder was higher I think it would. Too bad as I've been looking for one with these dimension for a 154" XP soon to arrive.

C

CatndHat

Nov 8, 2003
Snowville WY
yet another idea

I like the bag.
As an idea of safety and sell point how about:
Offer the bag with a shovel comes with it option,
You buy ten/twenty shovels in bulk,("neat" the that shovel will fit perfect as all are not the same size) get that discount, make small markup for your trouble, sell more user friendly packs.
The sled shovel can be plastic blade as it can dig a stuck sled, but not highly recommended as an avy retrieval tool(last resort tho is better than a helmet as a shovel or none at all)
Two Shovels really does make sense, biggest cause of lost shovels is digging stuck sleds(Done This, and it dampens the rest of the ride if you discover it at all!), keep the better one strapped in tight and on the back for the time you hope it will never be used and it will always be there and in good working condition!
Beat the he!! out of the one on the sled!! and its cheaper to replace or is a good barter for fuel out on the trail;)..

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Love the bag but it does not look like it would work with a full length tunnel rack? If shovel holder was higher I think it would. Too bad as I've been looking for one with these dimension for a 154" XP soon to arrive.

These would clear the handle.

Skinz NEW HMW-PE Universal Tunnel Racks.

Available in 12" and 24"

HMW-PETunnelRack12inchPicPartPTR100.jpg

HMW-PETunnelRack24inchPicPartPTR200.jpg

SPG12inchPolyTunnelRackBlack.jpg

I like the bag.
As an idea of safety and sell point how about:
Offer the bag with a shovel comes with it option,
You buy ten/twenty shovels in bulk,("neat" the that shovel will fit perfect as all are not the same size) get that discount, make small markup for your trouble, sell more user friendly packs.
The sled shovel can be plastic blade as it can dig a stuck sled, but not highly recommended as an avy retrieval tool(last resort tho is better than a helmet as a shovel or none at all)
Two Shovels really does make sense, biggest cause of lost shovels is digging stuck sleds(Done This, and it dampens the rest of the ride if you discover it at all!), keep the better one strapped in tight and on the back for the time you hope it will never be used and it will always be there and in good working condition!
Beat the he!! out of the one on the sled!! and its cheaper to replace or is a good barter for fuel out on the trail;)..

I've been meaning to add a shovel at a discount as an option but just haven't got around to it. Looks like I'll get it done today!

S
Sep 10, 2005
Grand Junction, CO
Great looking set-up. Couple of things that I would like to see different. Ditch the elastic straps on the shovel holder. The back one is sure to cut through and the stuff never last more than a year or two in extreme conditions. I like the way you made the prototype better. Also, I agree with a previous post that snow and velcro are a bad mix. Finally, the cam locks are fine but I would like to see them closer to the bag so they are not on the side of the tunnel. My old Polaris 900 bag had a similar set-up and the buckels took a beating. (But lasted years!!)
All this is just nit picky stuff and not enought to keep me from buying the bag.
Great Work!!

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Great looking set-up. Couple of things that I would like to see different. Ditch the elastic straps on the shovel holder. The back one is sure to cut through and the stuff never last more than a year or two in extreme conditions. I like the way you made the prototype better. Also, I agree with a previous post that snow and velcro are a bad mix. Finally, the cam locks are fine but I would like to see them closer to the bag so they are not on the side of the tunnel. My old Polaris 900 bag had a similar set-up and the buckels took a beating. (But lasted years!!)
All this is just nit picky stuff and not enought to keep me from buying the bag.
Great Work!!

Thanks! The elastic is pretty tough stuff and so far we have not seen any wear to that area on the Proto's.

Premium Features