• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Early order

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
I still wish I could have saved the grand and got my Mountain Cat WITHOUT the G8. 19k was exactly a grand more than I wanted to pay. Call me old school, but all these fancy guages do nothing for me. Show me RPM, coolant and EGT Temps and I'm good. Been riding 27 years and if you follow some Snowmobiling 101 rules, you don't need this buddy tracking stuff. The same guys who think they wouldn't buy a sled without it probably also have 30+ lbs. in their tunnel bags and back pack. Like they're going camping smh

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
I found that you could add the G8 gauge to any sled package for $1300. Gauge requires and includes a replacement hood.
It does NOT include a replacement hood. Per the "details" note on the gauge it says "kit includes" and then lists GPS display, harness, hardware, and instructions. It then says, "Note: This unit requires a replacement hood..." If the hood was included in the $1,299 price, it would have been included in the list of included items and not specifically called out as a note.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
It does NOT include a replacement hood. Per the "details" note on the gauge it says "kit includes" and then lists GPS display, harness, hardware, and instructions. It then says, "Note: This unit requires a replacement hood..." If the hood was included in the $1,299 price, it would have been included in the list of included items and not specifically called out as a note.
Dealer told me 240 extra for hood piece.

W

Wko78ms

Apr 16, 2023
Michigan
Was I supposed to add the g8 when I placed my order today? Dealership had no idea what I was talking about when I asked

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
As a Polaris guy who would love to see this catalyst be a home run, this roll out from Cat is an absolute train wreck. Why would I buy a sled from a company that cant do simple marketing?

Only a “Polaris guy” would be upset about marketing clutches that fly off from clutch bolts backing out or snapping? No problem. Rail tips destroying tracks? No problem A case of spark plugs every season? No problem 15 different stop rides in less than a year? No problem but you better get the marketing right

What happens next year when I buy one and need parts or support or warranty? Is this company going to be their to support their product? I don't have much faith.

3rd year of clutch bolts backing out now. Lots of support from Polaris I see… I guess they did add reinforcement to clutch guard so when it flys off at 8500rpm it dosent amputate your leg.

Whoever thought one color option/ shock option per model was a good idea should be canned...
It’s good to see you have your priorities straight color options, shock options and top notch marketing is key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
What is the spring order warranty period if we order this week?

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Could care less about the g8, that’s trail spode crap imo. I want a 146” base model with estart but no option to add it or change the track length or paddle, I’ll add shocks when I twin rail it. Might end up with a snopro or just modding a 600 once spring sell off season hits.

I honestly think cat thought they’d be flooded with orders and sell out quick like the 600 snowcheck but that is obviously not the case, dealers fishing for orders all over social media.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Could care less about the g8, that’s trail spode crap imo. I want a 146” base model with estart but no option to add it or change the track length or paddle, I’ll add shocks when I twin rail it. Might end up with a snopro or just modding a 600 once spring sell off season hits.

I honestly think cat thought they’d be flooded with orders and sell out quick like the 600 snowcheck but that is obviously not the case, dealers fishing for orders all over social media.

A 3 or 4 year warranty and a twin rail option would likely have driven more sales.

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
A 3 or 4 year warranty and a twin rail option would likely have driven more sales.
If you look at their Instagram, nearly every mtn related posted has tons of replies of ppl asking for twins. On the other hand it did take ski doo 10 years to add a option for no t-motion, hopefully it doesn’t take cat that long, like damn, get the memo, for most of us the alpha sucks.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
If you look at their Instagram, nearly every mtn related posted has tons of replies of ppl asking for twins. On the other hand it did take ski doo 10 years to add a option for no t-motion, hopefully it doesn’t take cat that long, like damn, get the memo, for most of us the alpha sucks.
Alpha doesn't suck on catalyst. You might want to ride one first. It didn't suck on an acsender either but more snow specific. Yes, i think it's stupid not to stamp that track for a 2 rail skid. Seems so easy to sale more sleds. Not going to for this year.
Also griping about the g8 guage because it's for trail people is complete bs. If you're such a deep snow off trailer, you should love the alpha. That is where it shines. They also give you choices without the guage so that is mute. 2 year warranty is what everyone else has anymore. Guessing you can buy more. I think the pricing is great. It is $4000 cheaper than my 9r. How they compare, i have no idea. Doesn’t really matter if you like it. I bet cat will have the best snowcheck they have ever had. Meanwhile, everyone else's will be lackluster with the snow year and large inventory. The catalyst is so much better than anything cat has built that everyone should be jumping for joy instead of bitching.

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
I still wish I could have saved the grand and got my Mountain Cat WITHOUT the G8. 19k was exactly a grand more than I wanted to pay. Call me old school, but all these fancy guages do nothing for me. Show me RPM, coolant and EGT Temps and I'm good. Been riding 27 years and if you follow some Snowmobiling 101 rules, you don't need this buddy tracking stuff. The same guys who think they wouldn't buy a sled without it probably also have 30+ lbs. in their tunnel bags and back pack. Like they're going camping smh

Sport gauge does not show egt temps. It shows coolant temp but only in bars. No altimeter either. It’s a very very very basic gauge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium Features