• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro RMK 850 NA's - has anyone been able to order anything other than black?

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
Wait, are you saying that it's only a 1 year warranty? How the f*** does someone get a three year warranty then? What would it even apply to?

It only applied to that one specific sled because it wasn't technically a snow check model. It was supposed to be a regular in season model. Hard to explain but you basically just putting your name on one of there showroom models.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
You are going to make a 16 hour round trip for a blue/black sled instead of a black/black sled? You're going to burn up a good chunk of the 9R price difference in fuel/hotel/food/your time.... no?
How about I never said I was buying it?! I said I FOUND it. I will be BUYING it from my local dealer. How he gets it is up to him but he's evidently already worked it out.

N
Apr 9, 2010
Soldotna, AK
It only applied to that one specific sled because it wasn't technically a snow check model. It was supposed to be a regular in season model. Hard to explain but you basically just putting your name on one of there showroom models.

I think I get exactly what you are saying, which is why I'd be shocked if it's true. My example sounds the same. The dealer gets three sleds of each supposedly. So I tried to order a customized Khaos Slash 165 NA. I get the call, they're sorry, but I can only get an all black or all orange, not customized at all. And yes, as they said, they are getting those sleds anyways. So, I snow check one because it's time for a new sled, and I want to make sure I get one with 3 year warranty. Based on what you are saying, it sounds like they I may be in store for only a 1 year warranty. I'll try to confirm on my end, but if that's the case it would render the snowcheck completely pointless, other than paying them to reserve one which might be still available later and might have better incentives depending on what happens with the market here.

F
Dec 30, 2019
I just called my dealer after reading this thread. Turns out it is 100% true that all 850's come in pre-configured dealer allocation models only. The sales guy did not even know this. I had Snowchecked an 850 Pro RMK Slash 165, 7S, ES for my wife in blue with blue tunnel and rails. Luckily one of their pre-configured allocations was identical to her build other than that the tunnel was black. Otherwise they did have one 9R allocation left lol.... I honestly feel a bit pissed off that Polaris let us go through that build process.

J
Nov 17, 2022
MT
I think I get exactly what you are saying, which is why I'd be shocked if it's true. My example sounds the same. The dealer gets three sleds of each supposedly. So I tried to order a customized Khaos Slash 165 NA. I get the call, they're sorry, but I can only get an all black or all orange, not customized at all. And yes, as they said, they are getting those sleds anyways. So, I snow check one because it's time for a new sled, and I want to make sure I get one with 3 year warranty. Based on what you are saying, it sounds like they I may be in store for only a 1 year warranty. I'll try to confirm on my end, but if that's the case it would render the snowcheck completely pointless, other than paying them to reserve one which might be still available later and might have better incentives depending on what happens with the market here.
My dealer assured me the pre-configured 650 & 850 sleds come with the 3yr warranty. Better be correct!

Zad

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2017
I just tried to showcheck an 850 na with the 155" 3.25 track and the build sheet only allows for the 2.75 track. Are na sleds only coming with the 2.75 track?

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Yeah but you also got to ride with Big Gay Wade in McCall. You should have asked him how awesome his SLP twins were? I don't believe anyone who says they run good. EVERY set I have seen in person sucked.
is that big mouth Wade from snowest old days with ford and gravy? if so lmao

Premium Features