• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Catalyst Turbo!

Solid Turbos

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 19, 2018
UTAH
800 CTEC cylinders might be a bolt on if bottom end is same as 800, if not it has same stroke so make a big bore kit that used stock 800 pistons.

Bolt pattern is different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solid Turbos

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 19, 2018
UTAH
I asked on their fakebook post if the catalyst kit was similar to the Solid Legend, no response. I have a feeling it’s different, which would be disappointing. The Legend seems like a great kit. Lots of positive reviews on it. But that price…DAMN!!!

We use a $1,900.00 Xona turbo with a UHF Turbine wheel, most of our competitors are using a $700 Chinese Turbo. The BOV add around $130, the reedcage adds $170, the custom oiling assembly $65. Custom Florine line Silicon is a $40 premium. If you add all those prices to our competitors kits we are right in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PTSCummins

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 30, 2020
oh boy 3d printed plastic.... that doesn't sound good, i sware the pictures i seen it was aluminum... now?. Deff frustrating... especially the price of the kit, Did you ever get it running good or kind of moved on from the sled?
The rail itself was billet aluminum, but the injector pedestals were 3d printed plastic that was glued/bolted to the rail.

It ran ok prior to adding the relocate, but I kept pushing to improve performance. I should clarify by "good" I mean there was a minor dead spot that could be ridden around, but it required clutching in such a way that belts were short lived. I went through close to 2k in belts that season, completely forgot about that till now.

PTSCummins

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 30, 2020
Thats frustrating for sure like octane said for the money that was paid. so I take the injector relocate kit wasnt built by solid? I thought they did all the hardware parts.
Correct. Rails were machined printed by a 3rd party for Ibexx. They pushed for Solid to distribute them to all riders with a 20+ sled. I'm glad that never happened.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I did!
Ibexx failed to correct or even address most of the time.
Kept telling me it was just my sled, it wasn't.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Care to expand? Pm me for privacy or post here for public consumption and drama. I always wonder how picky other clutcher fellers are.

Premium Features