• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Calling all M1000 Guru's, I need some HELP

D

dirtsnow

Sep 1, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I think the primary is worn out. the weights did swing freely. I have a new primary coming an I'll try the yellow white spring with it.

Update on my sled though.... upon taking the motor out and pulling the bottom end off to replace the seal, the mechanic noticed the gears on the crank that drive the water and oil pump were about fail. Long story short, I called Michelle at Oregon Trail Sports and she is sending me a whole new complete long block. I pissed about all the money this sled is costing me, but pretty excited about getting a brand new motor and primary. I sure hope this sled rips now with the PCV map Eric from racin station sent me.

Everyone, please pray with me.. haha.

(the gears are worn out because we are pretty sure the sled had nitrous on it at one point and the oil pump was bypassed and the gears weren't greased. You really learn a lot your first year owning a sled!)

Last edited:
D

dirtsnow

Sep 1, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
At this point there is really no point in being pissed. I could be mad at the guy who sold me the sled, but I don't think he knew enough about them to even know there was a problem. Bottom line is that I just want a reliable sled that rips. Im still in it for thousands less than the cost of a brand new pro ride or pro climb. I'm going to get this sled ripping and ride the hell out of it! There is still lots of winter left! New motor arrives on Monday, so you can assume i'll be up all Monday night in the Garage!

Premium Features