• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled died on the mountain and will not start. pls help

C
Nov 29, 2008
What is your sled? I see your pic is a 16 axys. My wife had a 16 that had similar symptoms, hers had no headlight or tail light, no gauge power and would start/ idle but would die when tried to give it any throttle. We ended up finding the white 4 wire stator connector had gotten hot and partially melted inside it. It looked good with a quick visual but if you looked down in at the terminals they were deformed enough to not make connection. I replaced the connector with a 4 pin weather pack and solved all problems.
Apparently a common problem ...lost heaters, lights on mine and ran it all last season but stator plug and regulator plug were toast .... crimped the stator plug wires but put new plug on regulator plug and all was good

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

amistybleu

Premium Member
Jan 18, 2019
Colorado
all of my wiring harness is looking in great shape, checked my Regulator rectifier and I think I found the problem. the last test point is for chassis DC power ground and you can see it is out of whack, so I'm going to order a new Regulator/Rectifier. thanks to everyone, ya'll have been very helpful. and if it doesn't fix it i'll be back 1712622230538.png

IMG_0928.jpg

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I'd be very surprised if the aftermarket pieces are better than stock, although the stock pieces don't seem to be anything to brag about. It'd be interesting to see the guts of an aftermarket vs. OE. Most likely the aftermarket pieces are a knock-off made be one of the many Chinese electronic plants; hopefully they just copied all the internal components, but there are plenty of ways they could make it cheaper and worse. It's hard to tell what you're going to get with aftermarket stuff: could be anywhere from as good or (rarely) better than OE to cheap junk that's a failure waiting to happen.

Premium Features