• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Calling all M1000 Guru's, I need some HELP

A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
you should have a symbol on you ecu probably square, but i believe the injectors should have the same symbol on them.
and for the intake sensor im sure you just ohm it out but i am not certain of the spec.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Try and unplug the air temp sensor, it should throw it into a rich limp mode, you don't want to ride it unplugged but it might tell us something. Using cleaner on air sensers is not a good idea but should be alright.
Is there any other M sleds around you could swap parts with the test, like pipe sensor, air sensor.

D

dirtsnow

Sep 1, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Solution?!?!?!

I think I may have found the problem. My ECU is a "Circle" and my injectors are "squares". I've attached pics so you can see if what i'm seeing is correct.

Here is the injector: Its has a small square molded into the plastic on the side. Is this the "square" i'm looking for?
Square Injector.jpg

Here is the ECU with a "Circle" on the label. Is this the "Circle" i'm looking for?
Circle ECU.jpg

If this is the problem, can the dealer reflash the ECU to be a "square" or do I have to buy new "circle" injectors?

Last edited:

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
I was told they have to match. What is the point of the circles and squares then? You can't say "Thats not the problem........." without offering an explanation.

I have swapped ecu's with buddies many times and it doesn't affect the injectors at all. Mapping, yes.......injectors, no.

D

dirtsnow

Sep 1, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Just took it to the dealer today. I emailed them the link to this thread. Hopefully they just make it run. I was just getting frustrated. If I ever find out what it is, I'll post it up. Thanks everyone for all your help!

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Just took it to the dealer today. I emailed them the link to this thread. Hopefully they just make it run. I was just getting frustrated. If I ever find out what it is, I'll post it up. Thanks everyone for all your help!

Do that! It could help a lot of people down the road that use "search". Good luck with it........

Aaron

B
Nov 17, 2008
M1000 low end bog but moderate performance mid and upper range...classic bad ground at CCU or pigtail. Enter any map you want. It won't change the 3D saftey mode. Inspect your wires.

T

tar

Nov 26, 2007
Sumas WA
Plugs are Iridium NGK BR9EIX... they are equivalent to the BR9EYA plugs, just iridium. Gap is 0.030".

I ran those plugs in my 1000 after 3 miles they fouled out and my sled run like chit.
Put the stock plugs in and it ran good.

Did you run it with stock plugs?

Tar

D

dirtsnow

Sep 1, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Turns out it WAS a bad crank seal on the PTO side. I just wasn't spraying the starting fluid directly at the seal when i was checking it a few weeks ago. The dealer is fixing it tomorrow... $750 later :-(

I'll let you know how it all runs now. I'm putting a new primary spring in. What are all your thoughts in the AC gold 75-275 spring. I've heard good things about it in the M1000. Right now with the yellow white it engages around 4200 which is way too high for this sled in my opinion and makes it harsh. I ride at 10000'

Premium Features