• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Electrical help?

K
Jan 9, 2024
Idaho
Hey fellars! Do we have any electronics wizards here?
Working on a 2014 rmk pro with the mighty cat 900 that I built a couple seasons back. The swap came from an 04.
The swap worked stellar, until the mid of last season it bogged mid ride, didn't want to come up from idle after that, seemed like it was starving for fuel.

I started digging into it a month ago. Part of the time it idles high like it's running lean, the rest of the time it stumbles and struggles to stay running. I found that it's only getting about 3v dc from the voltage regulator out to the ecu at idle and full rev... when the fuel pump is connected.
With the pump out of circuit (being ran off of a battery) we get 13-15v dc. First thought was that the pump was creating too much resistance.
I've now changed the:
Fuel pump
Stator and flywheel
Regulator/rectifier twice
Ign coil
Ecu/cdi... have tried 3 different.
TPS
Complete wiring harness
Added engine grounds
No change at all.
Added extra ground to the pump, and regulator.
Changed the tail light back to a regular bulb from LED.
I've unplugged hand warmers, power valve servo, looked over the harness for any broken wiring.
This is a very simple system. I'm not sure what to do next??
After the swap it ran great for 2 seasons. I'm at a loss.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Jerry2star

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 25, 2021
Sounds like the issue i had converting from carb to efi.
Did you use an ohm meter and check resistance when you swapped the TPS sensor? (Check value of throttle body when closed and fully open)

Picture for reference but values may not match

TPS Pic.jpg

Premium Features