• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

9R VS Boost

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I bought a 9R toward the end of the season last year. I then snowchecked a 24’ boost. I highly doubt the 9R will take the place of my boost. Riding over 9,000, you just can’t beat boost, the 24’ is going to be really good.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I like Caleb, Burandt and the Polaris riders but they are the worst source of information on Polaris products. Has anyone ever seen them have a video about issues or dislikes with Polaris products. I think they’re all good guys but remember they are all paid to like Polaris products. Hard to give objective views when that’s the case.
Haha! So true! It's like asking Pfizer if their vaccine is safe and effective :)

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
I’ve got a boost 155. My dad has a 9R 155. Both are great sleds and super fun to ride and hard to make a recommendation

Buuuuut my 24’ is another boost ….

Matthew runge

Goldy
Premium Member
Oct 5, 2018
Minnesota
I have a 21 850 Khaos 165 currently. Slp twins and head, Sled runs awesome.have lots of other stuff done to it as well but that’s mainly the performance mods. Prefer technical tree ridding, creek bottoms and etc. no big climbing but I am also 260 lbs so I feel like I’m a little short on power dragging my fat ass around sometimes. I know it’s hard without knowing all the details and there many variables involved. Just don’t wanna spend 23k wish I would bought a boost and have to sell this sled next yr and loose 3-4k on it and have to order a boost. Mainly ride 8-12k in elevation. Appreciate all the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am in your same shoes. I ride the exact same sled as you and am close in size. I have a lot of xtra s and my sled runs stong too no twins though. I am so prefer being lost and dropping into places that are **** holes. But I been thinking boost but I always wonder what a 9R with twin pipes and some higher compression and good fuel could do if it were liter and could run hard uptown would it give the boost a run for its money up top i mean at least be close and then destroy it on the bottom. What’s a 9R with 4K in the motor do

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I have both a 9R and a boost The 9R won’t come close to a boost in climbing. It’s barely better then an 850. 9R is great for tight tree riding and won’t wear you out like a boost a much better all around sled but nothing remotely close to a boost when it comes to power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features