• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost, Best clutching??? Best stage kit??

Y
Jan 4, 2009
Has anyone tried a 1080 polaris belt, or any other softer compound belt? The 1216 seems to slip alot. I was in 30inchs of heavy wet snow yesterday and the sled would just squeal on take off, belt just slips on the clutch. I have the SLP kit jn the sled right now, but the sled did this with the stock clutching also. I installed the 1080 belt this morning and the sled would not idle as the belt was putting to much drag on the primary. I may install a belt deflection screw and try it another day.

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Talked to a number of shops that all love the P-85 and curse the P-22, but if I remember right, the same thing happened when the Team roller secondary came out. Had at least one shop admit that most don’t have a ton of testing on the P-22 yet, so they default to the P-85, cause they already have a well-refined turbo setup for it. We will see if there’s still so much hate for it as the years go by.

I got the VOHK av gas tune and clutching. Waiting for snow to try it out. VOHK is one shop that loves the P-22. Of course, they’re also a Polaris dealer. But they say belt life is way better with it, and so is your life.

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
The boost was a bit of a disappointment stock. Gearing is too tall and the 14-78 weights have poor top end shift if loaded hard. The stock helix is pretty steep and needs more spring pressure when using a tip heavier weight.
I chase storms and only ride in fresh snow, the 2.75 just doesnt hook up well in deep snow. The Lynx track sure fixed that, no loss in track speed but ground speed when up significantly.
I will be testing and tuning with a Silber 20hp tune, see how it works with the a proper map.
I know a few guys that have ran the Bikeman tune and have a ton DET issues.

hogracer

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2010
St Anthony Idaho
Has any one had any luck verifying the silber can is causing bog issues? How many of you are running bikeman kits with good or bad luck? I have a stage 2 kit from bikeman and a silber can ready to go on, but from what I’m hearing on here I better ditch the silber can. Were the DET issues with bikemans kit at lower or higher altitudes? This sled will run mostly from 8-10000 ft. It’s not worth it to me to install a product if most of the bugs aren’t worked out of it. I’ve ruined enough “deep” days with a sled that won’t run.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Has any one had any luck verifying the silber can is causing bog issues? How many of you are running bikeman kits with good or bad luck? I have a stage 2 kit from bikeman and a silber can ready to go on, but from what I’m hearing on here I better ditch the silber can. Were the DET issues with bikemans kit at lower or higher altitudes? This sled will run mostly from 8-10000 ft. It’s not worth it to me to install a product if most of the bugs aren’t worked out of it. I’ve ruined enough “deep” days with a sled that won’t run.
Just swapped my brothers sled back to stock can and run ability issues went away.

Silber can made bogs, blubbering and fouling plugs. (2-3 a day)
I can verify that on one sled with one can the silber caused a lot of problems.

Peak rpm low.
Bogging on bottom end.
Fouling plugs.

Back to stock and it runs amazing again.

hogracer

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2010
St Anthony Idaho
Here is what I found, I realize I’m just one person so take it for what it cost you.
I installed silber can, sled was in ethanol mode. Would not go over 7000 r’s and would bog back to 6 then to 5. Took sled out of ethanol mode and it ran way better, almost back to stock. Would get 8000 r’s and pull down and hold about 7850 with stock clutching and stock map….sled ran 8250 all day before taking off stock can…. Then I install bikeman stage 2 clutching, the one with the different helix, I load the weights the way the sheet says to. At this point I get 8150 r’s but I get a check engine light. Then I tune it to bikeman’s stage 2 tune. Sled runs considerably better and pulls 8350 and holds there. Still getting a random check engine light. I take the silber can off and install bikeman trail can. My honest opinion made a huge deal, sled pulls 8650 after changing cans and is much more peppy. No check engine light either. Sled straight rips now, worth every penny to do the stage 2 kit. This was just my honest experience not trying to stir anything up just wishing someone else would have posted this so I could have saved the time and money! Used silber can for sale if someone wants it!!

hogracer

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2010
St Anthony Idaho
Another follow up, ran the bikeman tune on stage 2 with their can and clutching and it makes it a whole new beast. No detonation at all on pump fuel. It makes my khaos almost too much to handle! Never thought I’d say that but I find myself really trying to place my weight out over the bars to keep the front down in the trees. After coming over backwards the fifteenth time it starts getting old pretty quick! It’s definitely a handful!! P.S if Polaris engineers read this please fix the throttle stick issue. What a joke to have to constantly worry about the throttle sticking in deep snow!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Another follow up, ran the bikeman tune on stage 2 with their can and clutching and it makes it a whole new beast. No detonation at all on pump fuel. It makes my khaos almost too much to handle! Never thought I’d say that but I find myself really trying to place my weight out over the bars to keep the front down in the trees. After coming over backwards the fifteenth time it starts getting old pretty quick! It’s definitely a handful!! P.S if Polaris engineers read this please fix the throttle stick issue. What a joke to have to constantly worry about the throttle sticking in deep snow!
Just buy an aftermarket throttle block.

Issue gone

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
Stock machine with C&S clutch parts this weekend. Very nice improvement! Super smooth and hits peak rpm ~8400 quickly. 750 miles on the original belt so far and seems to be running well. So far so good!

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
If you started with a QD2 (2.27 ratio) the Kurt’s is higher (2.10 ratio). It would be hard to compare track speed with the two different gear ratios, unless you figure out a way to correct the speedo.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
I did cycle and sleds clutch kit. It improved my performance enough I would do it again. Holds 8400. This is on a 22 boost. I haven't tried any other clutch kit or weights. Love the sled.

Premium Features