• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost, Best clutching??? Best stage kit??

hogracer

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2010
St Anthony Idaho
Who has the best clutch kit out there for the boost? Does anyone actually have any ride time on a stage kit? I’m not into having problems with my sled caused by aftermarket parts, Polaris Engineering seems to cause enough of that. Seriously tho, is there any real world feedback that these stage kits the aftermarket companies have, are actually dialed in yet? My boost ran great last year, it’s a little short on the bottom tho! These stage kits claim another 20hp, if that’s legit and doesn’t kill my reliability then I’m all in…………..Pull the trigger or leave it stock??? Who has some experience and ride time on the stage kits/clutch kits!!!???

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
Not a fan of bikeman, however their kit worked good. Jarred knows his stuff was the only reason we tried it. Can was a good quality product. Ran the 20hp tune with their clutch kit. Tune was a big improvement and ran well. I liked all the adjustability of their weights.

hogracer

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2010
St Anthony Idaho
Thank-you that is great info. How many miles do you have on the kit? In your opinion were the improvements worth the $$$!

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
Thank-you that is great info. How many miles do you have on the kit? In your opinion were the improvements worth the $$$!
Yes worth the money. About 250 miles was all. I will probably be tuning a second sled with bikeman again. I would like to try vohk but last year they would not even call us back. So now that we have the torq linq probably just pay for another liscense

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
First time you lose to a damn ninja turtle we all gonna be barking up at the tuners lol

I rode a turbo turtle and the freaking MOVE !
I'd like to ride one. They all are great, its more preference I believe. However the skidoo is only 180hp stock and the polaris is almost 200. Skidoo also stops making 180 at 8k ft. Skidoo also weight 15lbs more than the polaris, so I'd be suprised if it is faster in deep snow.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
The boost is not almost 200 hp. Its 180-182 on dynotech research dyno.

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
Actually polaris does not advertise hp numbers. They just say 10% more at sea level and it will hold that up to 10k ft. That is why skidoo advertises the most powerful 2 stroke, because polaris doesn't put numbers on paper. Here is your link. There are other videos but couldn't find them at the moment

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
if you think you have a 200hp stock boost that's good for you. The 850 n.a makes 165 on most people dyno. So 10% more is 181.5 .

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Who even cares about a dyno run at sea level in a warm shop? I don't think you could ever get further from mountain conditions than that. Maybe if you went to the desert 1,000' below sea level.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I don’t there is anyone who really has “the best” clutching for the p-22 yet, it’s not a great clutch.

Nooby

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2013
NE Nebraska
I’ve been using Indy Specialties for nearly a decade normally aspirated and low boost and rode several others, In my honest opinion, I’ll stick with Indy Specialties stuff! Just MHO.

Premium Features