• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Skis

The best all around ski is....?

• Powder Pros

Votes: 88 29.6%
  • SlyDog Powder Hounds

Votes: 19 6.4%
  • Simmons Gen II

Votes: 36 12.1%
  • Polaris Grippers

Votes: 154 51.9%

• Total voters
L
Aug 29, 2008
CT
Just tried my grippers this weekend for the first time. Great off trail flot much better then my old skis. I was hopeing for a little better grip on the flat turning on loose trail but all in all I am happy.

O
Jan 3, 2010
I have sims on a 700 mt max love them

I have sims on 08 d8 and not sure i like them they dart a little with stock front end.

I put a barkbuster on last week and it seemed to help.

My buddy rides his stock skies on a 08 d8 and I like them.

B
Apr 20, 2010
Richmond Hill
Gotta say even though you don't have them on there I have an older set of C&A pros on my fusion with shaper bars. My god, by far the best ski I've ever used. It bites and grabs on the trails, there wicked for the pow because you float on top, and there light. I've had no problems with my setup. I have studs that are bent and dull to ****, and my coupling blocks are removed completely. Def something to look into.

O

onlyridesrmks

Nov 27, 2007
Southern Colorado
SLT's are my choice, they don't dart in the fluff like tri-keels or others. they feel good and others that rode my sled identical to theirs minus skis, liked and bought them.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Had a pair of USI Project X skis that I loved... sold them with the sled, then had Polaris Grippers on my 09 Assault, great all around ski.
My dad loves his SLP PPs... I think it will eventually come down to tuning your suspension to make your skis behave well... Grippers are a great bang for your buck though...

Anyone ever ride on C&A XTX skis? thoughts and opinions? I'll be lookin for a set of skis for my '11 Switchback Assault and was thinking about tryin something new...

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
tried 3 different brands of skies on the turbo last winter and as before on the 3 previous sleds ended up with the Simmons genIIs bolted on.

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
No body has mentioned USI triple threats? I have a set hanging on the wall for next winter. Went stage three fins and 6 inch shaper bars, anybody using these on an IQ?

J

jeffd

Mar 5, 2008
i switched to simons on my 09 d8 last winter they were better in the deep snow then the stock ones no darting down the trail way better after a long day of ridding liked them so well i put them on my wife and daughters 08 600 rmk made there ride so much better.:face-icon-small-coo

M
Dec 5, 2007
Chehalis, WA
I have had c&a pros, only good for serious corner grip (sno-x) extreme high effort turning. Simmons only on trail sleds, older style chassis, great floatation, terrible for knifeing in while boondocking. Hated them on my Iqs.
Powder pros work the best on my Iq's 1-t975, 1-900, 1-600, 1 iqr 440 mountain sled. However, the can be darty on the hard pack snow. My d7 & d8 have grippers and they are the best all around ski period! They float, hold a edge, turn, almost dart free and ez effort very very predictable ski. Now that I have rambled my vote would go to the gripper!

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
No body has mentioned USI triple threats? I have a set hanging on the wall for next winter. Went stage three fins and 6 inch shaper bars, anybody using these on an IQ?

Yes. I gave my buddy a set not knowing and they work sweet.

I haven't tried Gen 2's or 3's on the IQ. I'd like too. I was never a fan of the Gen 1's on the rider forward sleds. On the older sleds, they were sweet.

My vote is Powder Pro's with the Carls Cutout or the Grippers. Depends on cash reserve and what else my sleds may need.

Premium Features