• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is the best replacement ski for summit expert?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Tried Grippers. I liked them better than the DS4. Not a huge difference though. I think suspension setup matters more.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
What carbides did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I asked slydog for plain wear bars when I ordered. They seemed confused. They use snow studs brand. Turns out they don't offer a plain wear bar. I instead got a "wear bar" with a 1.5" carbide.
For sale by the way, 50 miles maby, $350

rockinmranch

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Tried Grippers. I liked them better than the DS4. Not a huge difference though. I think suspension setup matters more.
Thanks for the info. Now I’m just wondering if there is a downside to the Slydog Attacks?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Thanks for the info. Now I’m just wondering if there is a downside to the Slydog Attacks?
I know it stinks, but you just gotta try skis out and see what you think of them yourself.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I asked slydog for plain wear bars when I ordered. They seemed confused. They use snow studs brand. Turns out they don't offer a plain wear bar. I instead got a "wear bar" with a 1.5" carbide.
For sale by the way, 50 miles maby, $350
They have wear bars without carbides. Someone told you wrong

T

theidbreder

Mar 3, 2020
Dumb question, what’s the difference in wear bars and carbides?

D
Dec 22, 2018

DS4 works fine on good soft powder snow. But can be sketchy on crusty snow or when theres layers. Grippers do work great all year around.

rockinmranch

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I went with the Sly Dog attacks. Is there another ski rubber that will work better than what comes with the Sly Dog mounting kit. There was a mention of a ski doo race damper. If that is an option, does anyone have a part number or a better option?

Zad

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2017
I'm brand new to Doo, never rode one before two weeks ago. My last sled was a '22 Matryx and I'm on a '23 Expert, mountain rider. Before ever getting on the sled I put on the SalazzKing ski rubbers and I can't tell a difference between the Polaris ski and DS4 Doo ski. As far as I can tell, with the better rubbers the DS4 ski works great.

rockinmranch

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Ski doo # 505072594
You can find them on Amazon under that part # also

I tried these with Sly Dogs. Yes the compound is harder on the ski doo rubbers, but the fit is sloppy. No doubt the skis have more movement and less resitance with the .ski doo rubbers. I put the Sly dog rubbers back on, yet I think they might wear out quickly. The Sly dog rubber fits really snug and is contoured to the bottom of the spindle, but appears to be very soft. Time will tell. I wonder if one of the other aftermarket rubbers can be modified?

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
If anyone buys lynx skis like me, use the part number 860202020. Comes as just the black bottoms I believe.
If you buy the whole set it comes with a bunch of crap you don't need. Two sets of rubbers, set of gigantic carbides, the handles already installed what a pita getting those off kinda ruined the front holes

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I tried these with Sly Dogs. Yes the compound is harder on the ski doo rubbers, but the fit is sloppy. No doubt the skis have more movement and less resitance with the .ski doo rubbers. I put the Sly dog rubbers back on, yet I think they might wear out quickly. The Sly dog rubber fits really snug and is contoured to the bottom of the spindle, but appears to be very soft. Time will tell. I wonder if one of the other aftermarket rubbers can be modified?
I trashed a ski rubber on a stump. Did you ever find a harder rubber for the Sly Dogs than stock?

D
Dec 22, 2018
If you guys want cheap upgrade for Ski-Doo rubber, buy Lynx ski rubber and cut out those small buttons from DS4. Lynx rubber makes the ski fitment a lot tighter and it can take more beating.

Premium Features