• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have 9R seat time?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Rusty we all had assumed you weren't a very good rider but thanks for removing any doubt. Maybe some day when you aren't afraid of not making it back to the truck alive, you'll actually leave the trail. Snow builds up on the front of your machine way worse than it ever does driving down the road on a sled deck. ?
Yup, all that road salt keeps the snow from sticking to the sled. Works wonders!

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
They aren't quite as lame as guys who put covers on their sleds while they're on their sled deck. Poor people put covers on their snowmobiles on sled decks.

Whatever sucker! I’ll have you know that I was so tired after yesterday I drove back with the cover off my sled?. On the way there the cover was on?

D

Dennissledpool

Jul 19, 2022
Wisconsin
In back of pickup truck for many many thousands of miles from Midwest to the Rockies. I still and always will cover my sled if exposed When u are behind a semi doing 65 mph in wet spray on road from plow trucks put down liquid brine that **** gets into every nook and cranny under hood side panels etc. impossible to clean it up. And looks like crap when it dries. Cover it up blocks off 90 percent of road grime and sled looks good when u get to destination

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
You really need to come up with a better line. If I had a nickel for every time you said boat anchor, well, I’d buy a nice boat.

Agree. Although I can’t take credit for this loaded and descriptive term of the ‘22 Matrix.
I’ll start my own quarter jar and send you the results along with copies of the triggered, plant based mentality IM’s. We do need some new content for MY’23 from our leading resident forum experts. It seems we may have found a little nugget in this thread.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
So, actual production 9R experiences? Anybody other than "a buddy of buddy said..."?

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
They aren't quite as lame as guys who put covers on their sleds while they're on their sled deck. Poor people put covers on their snowmobiles on sled decks.
Hmmm....I sense a bit of jealousy here. I think maybe we should start a gofundme for Chadly and us poor folk could raise enough funds to get him a cover. Heck, I bet I could get Aunt B to stitch one up for just the cost of materials!

Anyway, back to the original discussion: Those enclosed trailer bros aren't quite as lame the the guys who pull start their sled with their left hand. Only poor people do that! Hate those guys!

C
Dec 14, 2020
lol what about when the sled isn’t on a deck and it rides in the back of the pickup?

Mine is always just as clean as I loaded it?

I'm a poor so no money for a cover or sled deck.

Montana doesn't put down much on the roads, a little sand with mag-chloride on corners or problem spots. This may be why I never see it.

I know in Minnesota I couldn't drive my black Denali 2 blocks from the carwash without it turning white. Out here it takes all winter.

A@ron

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2017
Wisconsin
Mine is always just as clean as I loaded it?

I'm a poor so no money for a cover or sled deck.

Montana doesn't put down much on the roads, a little sand with mag-chloride on corners or problem spots. This may be why I never see it.

I know in Minnesota I couldn't drive my black Denali 2 blocks from the carwash without it turning white. Out here it takes all winter.
I’m just a working man so mine rides in the back of the pickup with a cover. I’m from WI so believe me I understand the salt. Headed for rabbit ears in the AM. I’ll be sure to have my cover on!

C
Dec 14, 2020
I’m just a working man so mine rides in the back of the pickup with a cover. I’m from WI so believe me I understand the salt. Headed for rabbit ears in the AM. I’ll be sure to have my cover on!

I would have an aluminum enclosed if I lived in the rust belt. I don't blame you for using a cover there.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I usually load my sled in the bed of my truck; the sled deck isn't needed for most trips, and even if it weren't a hassle to get it loaded (I usually need to use the truck for truck stuff on a regular basis, so I can't just leave it in all winter), I burn quite a bit more diesel lugging the extra weight and wind resistance around. The sled stays pretty clean, but like @chevy_man said, we don't see as much wet, slushy, salty stuff here. It usually wasn't an issue on the sled deck either. I'm sure it'll bite me sooner or later, but I plan to keep being poor and lazy, loading it in the bed with no cover.

Anyway, I gotta say: Polaris is doing a great job with that 9R! It's such a hit, we've all accepted that it's the greatest thing ever, and we should all sell a kidney (if need be) and buy one. Such universal agreement that we've moved on to arguing about how to transport them! I saw a proud 9R owner earlier today - at least I think that's what it was - truck with a sled deck and nothing on it.

Last edited:

gdn

Premium Member
Dec 29, 2012
SE So Dak
Got to ride one for a short (very short) time yesterday. It is very quick & has good power. This was the RMK version (not Khaos) so it felt very planted on the front end with almost no ski lift. So that may just be shock set up, have not played with any of that past initial set-up for weight. Clutching was off for this elevation of 1200 ft when we usually ride at 9000+ but it still pulls very hard on short runs. Now for the bad part, this thing defiantly has an intermitted throttle hang issue. Seems to occur with slow release of throttle at about 5500 rpm and not all the time. A quick blip or fast release and it does not seem to do it. This is not the freeze problem of the past, we were in about 6" of snow in a bean field at 33 degrees. Will be checking the cables for kinks & routing issues but just wanted to throw this out there as a heads up in case any of the other 9R's actually get delivered.

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
In back of pickup truck for many many thousands of miles from Midwest to the Rockies. I still and always will cover my sled if exposed When u are behind a semi doing 65 mph in wet spray on road from plow trucks put down liquid brine that **** gets into every nook and cranny under hood side panels etc. impossible to clean it up. And looks like crap when it dries. Cover it up blocks off 90 percent of road grime and sled looks good when u get to destination
Agree 100%

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
I run these with any glove of your choice that has a removable liner .
They’re very thin.
Work great.
I use these inside a Gortex Arcterx SV glove

Premium Features