• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have 9R seat time?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Any of you have 9R seat time? Curious how big a difference it is from the 850. With the current un known who knows when the 9R will be here. If they come out with a fix and 9R is Feb or later might just get a in stock 850 if i can get it a month earlier.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Doubt anyone besides the sponsored riders have any decent seat time.

If you can't take the timeframe, buy an 850 and put a Carl's 900 in if it's not enough.
I know a few sleds were sold before the brake stop ride. If i had it, I'd be riding it.

C
Dec 14, 2020
I know a few sleds were sold before the brake stop ride. If i had it, I'd be riding it.

900's though? I thought everyone was complaining they were set to be delivered in January before the set backs.
I've seen a lot of 850s and boosts delivered.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
So, who has actually ridden a production 9R??

They are definitely in the wild... but by the lack of responses so far, I'm thinking that maybe they are only owned by enclosed trailer bros who buy sleds just to post on IG and spit shine them?!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
So, who has actually ridden a production 9R??

They are definitely in the wild... but by the lack of responses so far, I'm thinking that maybe they are only owned by enclosed trailer bros who buy sleds just to post on IG and spit shine them?!

Can't spit that far to shine it.

Enclosed trailer guys taking a drive by ...... ouch

Haven’t heard this term before. What’s up with these guys?
One bite, 2 caught.

Not a bad cast. ?

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Got one of the people who has one to message me back. He said it has noticeably more power but it isn't earth shattering or like having a turbo. He didn't jump back and fourth and compare to a 850.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
They aren't quite as lame as guys who put covers on their sleds while they're on their sled deck. Poor people put covers on their snowmobiles on sled decks.
Damn it. I cover my sleds, buy clutch kits and don’t ride particularly well. I covered the trifecta I think I need a new hobby.??

Almost forgot I bitch a lot about Polaris too . There is no hope for me.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Got one of the people who has one to message me back. He said it has noticeably more power but it isn't earth shattering or like having a turbo. He didn't jump back and fourth and compare to a 850.
Big bores aren't earth shattering. Run a little better and more torque on the hill. My bet is more fun on most days but for insanely deep snow there is no replacement for boost. Should handily put down 850. Also with polaris's intensive r&d program, they will not add to my existing big bore experiences.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
They aren't quite as lame as guys who put covers on their sleds while they're on their sled deck. Poor people put covers on their snowmobiles on sled decks.

Yeah. Because nothing says you’re smarter than everyone else with loads of money like an inch of frozen moisture on your boat anchor when you arrive at the trailhead.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Yeah. Because nothing says you’re smarter than everyone else with loads of money like an inch of frozen moisture on your boat anchor when you arrive at the trailhead.
Rusty we all had assumed you weren't a very good rider but thanks for removing any doubt. Maybe some day when you aren't afraid of not making it back to the truck alive, you'll actually leave the trail. Snow builds up on the front of your machine way worse than it ever does driving down the road on a sled deck. ?

Premium Features